BET Awards 2012: Yolanda Adams Wins Best Gospel, Beyonce Claims Best R 'n' B Artist
More winners at the 2012 BET Awards have been revealed. After Melanie Fiona delivered a breathtaking performance of "Wrong Side of a Love Song", the winner for Best Gospel was announced. Taking the kudo was the First Lady of Modern Gospel, Yolanda Adams.
"This is amazing to me because this is the first project on my label," the 50-year-old singer said upon receiving her prize from presenter La La Vazquez. "I am a witness that you can do anything that God has placed on the inside of you."
Claiming the Best Female R&B Artist was none other than Beyonce Knowles. Defeating the likes of Rihanna, Mary J. Blige, Marsha Ambrosius and Melanie Fiona, the "Love on Top" singer dedicated her award to late diva Whitney Houston.
After Rick Ross and his Maybach Music Group performed on stage, Nicki Minaj was announced by presenter Busta Rhymes as the winner of the Best Female Hip-Hop Artist. Tyler Perry, meanwhile, presented the Cadillac Lifetime Achievement Award to Maze featuring Frankie Beverly.
Hosted by Samuel L. Jackson, the ongoing BET Awards takes place at the Shrine Auditorium. The show was kicked off by a performance from Kanye West, Big Sean and 2 Chainz. Usher, Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles are expected to make live performances as well.
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius