Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Come Under Fire From PETA for Fur Bag
Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen, who won 2012 Womenswear Designers of the Year from CDFA, angered PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) due to their fur backpack. The organization slammed the designer sister duo, "What the Olsens lack in creativity, they try to make up for in shock value."
PETA continued their criticism, "Sadly, it's the foxes, calves, and alligators - who often have the fur ripped off them while they are still conscious and able to feel pain - who pay the dearest price."
They added, "If it looks like a troll and acts like a troll, it's probably a Trollsen Twin - or someone wearing one of their new $16,000 totes, which are made from the fur and skins of innocent animals."
The bag in question is released for purchase at $16,900, and is made of a patch of multicolor animal fur. There are also bags in alligator and calfskin version from the Olsens' clothing line, The Row.
The Olsen twins and PETA have been in a beef for years. The organization even set up a "Hairy-Kate and Trashley Trollsen" website dedicated to the award-winning designers, urging people to band together to take action against them.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3