Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Come Under Fire From PETA for Fur Bag
Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen, who won 2012 Womenswear Designers of the Year from CDFA, angered PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) due to their fur backpack. The organization slammed the designer sister duo, "What the Olsens lack in creativity, they try to make up for in shock value."
PETA continued their criticism, "Sadly, it's the foxes, calves, and alligators - who often have the fur ripped off them while they are still conscious and able to feel pain - who pay the dearest price."
They added, "If it looks like a troll and acts like a troll, it's probably a Trollsen Twin - or someone wearing one of their new $16,000 totes, which are made from the fur and skins of innocent animals."
The bag in question is released for purchase at $16,900, and is made of a patch of multicolor animal fur. There are also bags in alligator and calfskin version from the Olsens' clothing line, The Row.
The Olsen twins and PETA have been in a beef for years. The organization even set up a "Hairy-Kate and Trashley Trollsen" website dedicated to the award-winning designers, urging people to band together to take action against them.
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage