Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Holding Hands Days Before Divorce
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes looked like a happy couple on June 16, two weeks before she filed for divorce. The couple was spotted holding hands when taking a stroll down the street of Reykjavik in Iceland, where he's filming his new movie "Oblivion".
Katie filed the divorce papers on Thursday, June 28 in New York. "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest," her lawyer said. She's seeking sole custody as well as "primary residential custody" of their daughter Suri, and asking for a "suitable amount" of child support.
The divorce was not about money though, TMZ reported. The "Jack and Jill" actress, who cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason of the split, reportedly feared Tom's fierce ties to Scientology would lead him to drag Suri to the church. She's herself allegedly never fully committed to Scientology.
In response to her filing, Tom said that he felt blindsided. His representative stated, "Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children. Please allow them their privacy to work this out."
Tom and Katie got married in a lavish ceremony in an Italian castle in November 2006. Although they were not seen attending an event together for quite a while, the couple spent Father's Day together with their 6-year-old daughter in Iceland.
More Tom Cruise News
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels