Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Holding Hands Days Before Divorce
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes looked like a happy couple on June 16, two weeks before she filed for divorce. The couple was spotted holding hands when taking a stroll down the street of Reykjavik in Iceland, where he's filming his new movie "Oblivion".
Katie filed the divorce papers on Thursday, June 28 in New York. "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest," her lawyer said. She's seeking sole custody as well as "primary residential custody" of their daughter Suri, and asking for a "suitable amount" of child support.
The divorce was not about money though, TMZ reported. The "Jack and Jill" actress, who cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason of the split, reportedly feared Tom's fierce ties to Scientology would lead him to drag Suri to the church. She's herself allegedly never fully committed to Scientology.
In response to her filing, Tom said that he felt blindsided. His representative stated, "Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children. Please allow them their privacy to work this out."
Tom and Katie got married in a lavish ceremony in an Italian castle in November 2006. Although they were not seen attending an event together for quite a while, the couple spent Father's Day together with their 6-year-old daughter in Iceland.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child