Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Holding Hands Days Before Divorce
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes looked like a happy couple on June 16, two weeks before she filed for divorce. The couple was spotted holding hands when taking a stroll down the street of Reykjavik in Iceland, where he's filming his new movie "Oblivion".
Katie filed the divorce papers on Thursday, June 28 in New York. "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest," her lawyer said. She's seeking sole custody as well as "primary residential custody" of their daughter Suri, and asking for a "suitable amount" of child support.
The divorce was not about money though, TMZ reported. The "Jack and Jill" actress, who cited "irreconcilable differences" as the reason of the split, reportedly feared Tom's fierce ties to Scientology would lead him to drag Suri to the church. She's herself allegedly never fully committed to Scientology.
In response to her filing, Tom said that he felt blindsided. His representative stated, "Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children. Please allow them their privacy to work this out."
Tom and Katie got married in a lavish ceremony in an Italian castle in November 2006. Although they were not seen attending an event together for quite a while, the couple spent Father's Day together with their 6-year-old daughter in Iceland.
More Tom Cruise News
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos
- 'Titanic' Director Is Sued by the 'Real' Jack Dawson