Justin Bieber Baffled by Justin Timberlake Comparison, Hanging Up on Interview
Justin Bieber refused to be compared to Justin Timberlake. The teen singer was not impressed when a Mojo in the Morning host said in a phone interview that he thought he heard the former NSYNC boybander when listening to "Boyfriend".
"Our voices sound nothing alike," Bieber insisted. The interviewer explained that he meant it as a compliment, but the Canadian idol was not having it. Praising JT as "talented," he insisted he wanted to have his "own lane and not be compared."
The chat got more awkward when the interviewer talked about One Direction and dragged his mother Pattie into it. Calling the boyband "kids," he was upset when Mojo asked, "Do you worry about Harry [Styles] when he's around your mom because it seems like he likes older women?"
An offended Bieber shot back, "I think you should worry about me around your mom, bro." When the host answered, "Justin, my mom's dead, so unfortunately, it wouldn't work," the boyfriend of Selena Gomez hang up the phone.
"He got a little upset with the question, to be completely honest with you and he probably won't be calling back," it's explained. The audio taping their interview was posted on Mojo's website, but was subsequently removed at the request of his camp.
More Justin Bieber News
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two