Justin Bieber Baffled by Justin Timberlake Comparison, Hanging Up on Interview
Justin Bieber refused to be compared to Justin Timberlake. The teen singer was not impressed when a Mojo in the Morning host said in a phone interview that he thought he heard the former NSYNC boybander when listening to "Boyfriend".
"Our voices sound nothing alike," Bieber insisted. The interviewer explained that he meant it as a compliment, but the Canadian idol was not having it. Praising JT as "talented," he insisted he wanted to have his "own lane and not be compared."
The chat got more awkward when the interviewer talked about One Direction and dragged his mother Pattie into it. Calling the boyband "kids," he was upset when Mojo asked, "Do you worry about Harry [Styles] when he's around your mom because it seems like he likes older women?"
An offended Bieber shot back, "I think you should worry about me around your mom, bro." When the host answered, "Justin, my mom's dead, so unfortunately, it wouldn't work," the boyfriend of Selena Gomez hang up the phone.
"He got a little upset with the question, to be completely honest with you and he probably won't be calling back," it's explained. The audio taping their interview was posted on Mojo's website, but was subsequently removed at the request of his camp.
More Justin Bieber News
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'