50 Cent Talks Car Crash, Credits Bulletproof SUV for Saving Him
A few days after having car accident on the Long Island Expressway, 50 Cent talked to MTV News about the crash. The G-Unit rapper said his bulletproof vehicle saved him from getting serious injury when his car was rear-ended by a Mack Truck.
"We spun off into the rail. We would've flipped if it was a regular truck, but the truck weighs over a ton because it has additional stuff in it," he stated. "It did more damage to the Mack Truck than it did to my truck, 'cause I got a level six; it's a bulletproof vehicle. It's the same standard as what they're moving Obama around in."
Explaining what happened that day, the rhymer recalled, "We were just riding down the LIE and a Mack Truck - he said he lost control of the vehicle later to police officers because his load shifted. He tried to brake, his load shifted, and he lost control and he ran into the back of the truck."
Denying speculation that the accident was just a publicity stunt before his new album "5 (Murder by Numbers)" comes out, he said, "Trust me, I have enough money to not hit myself with a Mack Truck to try to get a few dollars. What's the thought process on this? It makes no sense to me."
More 50 Cent News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences