50 Cent Talks Car Crash, Credits Bulletproof SUV for Saving Him
A few days after having car accident on the Long Island Expressway, 50 Cent talked to MTV News about the crash. The G-Unit rapper said his bulletproof vehicle saved him from getting serious injury when his car was rear-ended by a Mack Truck.
"We spun off into the rail. We would've flipped if it was a regular truck, but the truck weighs over a ton because it has additional stuff in it," he stated. "It did more damage to the Mack Truck than it did to my truck, 'cause I got a level six; it's a bulletproof vehicle. It's the same standard as what they're moving Obama around in."
Explaining what happened that day, the rhymer recalled, "We were just riding down the LIE and a Mack Truck - he said he lost control of the vehicle later to police officers because his load shifted. He tried to brake, his load shifted, and he lost control and he ran into the back of the truck."
Denying speculation that the accident was just a publicity stunt before his new album "5 (Murder by Numbers)" comes out, he said, "Trust me, I have enough money to not hit myself with a Mack Truck to try to get a few dollars. What's the thought process on this? It makes no sense to me."
More 50 Cent News
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama