Lawyer Confirms Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' Divorce
After brief speculation, it was eventually confirmed that Hollywood couple Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are going through a divorce. A lawyer for the actress said in a statement that the couple's six-year-old daughter Suri is of their best interest.
"This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family. Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest," said Holmes' attorney Jonathan Wolfe in a statement. No other details were released.
Cruise and Holmes were married in Italy in November 2006. It was the first marriage for Holmes and third for Cruise who divorced Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman. They signed a prenup and their estimated net worth is $275 million, mostly from the actor.
There was no indication of the split before. Cruise is due to celebrate his 50th birthday next Tuesday, July 3.
More Katie Holmes News
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music