Lawyer Confirms Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' Divorce
After brief speculation, it was eventually confirmed that Hollywood couple Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are going through a divorce. A lawyer for the actress said in a statement that the couple's six-year-old daughter Suri is of their best interest.
"This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family. Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest," said Holmes' attorney Jonathan Wolfe in a statement. No other details were released.
Cruise and Holmes were married in Italy in November 2006. It was the first marriage for Holmes and third for Cruise who divorced Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman. They signed a prenup and their estimated net worth is $275 million, mostly from the actor.
There was no indication of the split before. Cruise is due to celebrate his 50th birthday next Tuesday, July 3.
More Katie Holmes News
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role