Lawyer Confirms Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' Divorce
After brief speculation, it was eventually confirmed that Hollywood couple Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are going through a divorce. A lawyer for the actress said in a statement that the couple's six-year-old daughter Suri is of their best interest.
"This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family. Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest," said Holmes' attorney Jonathan Wolfe in a statement. No other details were released.
Cruise and Holmes were married in Italy in November 2006. It was the first marriage for Holmes and third for Cruise who divorced Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman. They signed a prenup and their estimated net worth is $275 million, mostly from the actor.
There was no indication of the split before. Cruise is due to celebrate his 50th birthday next Tuesday, July 3.
More Katie Holmes News
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch