Lawyer Confirms Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' Divorce
After brief speculation, it was eventually confirmed that Hollywood couple Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are going through a divorce. A lawyer for the actress said in a statement that the couple's six-year-old daughter Suri is of their best interest.
"This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family. Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest," said Holmes' attorney Jonathan Wolfe in a statement. No other details were released.
Cruise and Holmes were married in Italy in November 2006. It was the first marriage for Holmes and third for Cruise who divorced Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman. They signed a prenup and their estimated net worth is $275 million, mostly from the actor.
There was no indication of the split before. Cruise is due to celebrate his 50th birthday next Tuesday, July 3.
More Katie Holmes News
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart
- Childish Gambino Releases Virtual Reality Video for 'Me and Your Mama'
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year