Lawyer Confirms Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' Divorce
After brief speculation, it was eventually confirmed that Hollywood couple Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are going through a divorce. A lawyer for the actress said in a statement that the couple's six-year-old daughter Suri is of their best interest.
"This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family. Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest," said Holmes' attorney Jonathan Wolfe in a statement. No other details were released.
Cruise and Holmes were married in Italy in November 2006. It was the first marriage for Holmes and third for Cruise who divorced Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman. They signed a prenup and their estimated net worth is $275 million, mostly from the actor.
There was no indication of the split before. Cruise is due to celebrate his 50th birthday next Tuesday, July 3.
More Katie Holmes News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist