Audio: DJ Khaled's 'I Wish You Would' Featuring Kanye West and Rick Ross
DJ Khaled has unveiled a new single from his forthcoming album "Kiss the Ring". In the song titled "I Wish You Would", Khaled collaborates with his famous pals Kanye West and Rick Ross.
In the song, Kanye raps about his Chicago origin and his youth in the city. "The block is at war, post-traumatic stress/Ran up outta pills, robbed that CVS," so he spits at one point before rapping, "We believe in God, but do God believe in us?"
The bass-heavy track is produced by Hit Boy, who also helmed Kanye and Jay-Z's "N****s in Paris". The song also becomes a follow-up to Khaled's collaboration with Yeezy in "Way Too Cold". While "Way Too Cold" is kind of bouncy, this new song is a bit darker and has a serious tone.
On how he and Yeezy hooked up for the new track, Khaled once told MTV News, "Me and Kanye West went back in the lab and we made another record and got some features on there too." He went on gushing that the song would be "another monstrous earthquake to hit the streets."
Khaled's "Kiss the Ring" is due in the United States on August 21. He recently collaborated with Rozay, Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne for "Take It to the Head", which was released last April as the lead single off the upcoming album.
More DJ Khaled News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars