Audio: DJ Khaled's 'I Wish You Would' Featuring Kanye West and Rick Ross
DJ Khaled has unveiled a new single from his forthcoming album "Kiss the Ring". In the song titled "I Wish You Would", Khaled collaborates with his famous pals Kanye West and Rick Ross.
In the song, Kanye raps about his Chicago origin and his youth in the city. "The block is at war, post-traumatic stress/Ran up outta pills, robbed that CVS," so he spits at one point before rapping, "We believe in God, but do God believe in us?"
The bass-heavy track is produced by Hit Boy, who also helmed Kanye and Jay-Z's "N****s in Paris". The song also becomes a follow-up to Khaled's collaboration with Yeezy in "Way Too Cold". While "Way Too Cold" is kind of bouncy, this new song is a bit darker and has a serious tone.
On how he and Yeezy hooked up for the new track, Khaled once told MTV News, "Me and Kanye West went back in the lab and we made another record and got some features on there too." He went on gushing that the song would be "another monstrous earthquake to hit the streets."
Khaled's "Kiss the Ring" is due in the United States on August 21. He recently collaborated with Rozay, Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne for "Take It to the Head", which was released last April as the lead single off the upcoming album.
More DJ Khaled News
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'