Cee-Lo Green to Team Up With Adam Levine in Musical 'Can a Song Save Your Life?'
Cee-Lo Green is set to join Adam Levine, his fellow judge on "The Voice", in "Can a Song Save Your Life?". On Thursday, June 28, Exclusive Media announced that the Gnarls Barkley member has landed a role in the upcoming musical film.
The "Fool for You" singer is set to star as Troublegum. The character is described as a "very successful hip-hop star." The Grammy winner is expected to kick off the filming on Monday, July 2 in New York.
In addition to Levine, Green is set to star opposite the likes of Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo, Hailee Steinfeld and Catherine Keener. Serving as the director and screenwriter is John Carney, who helmed Academy Award-winning musical "Once".
"Can a Song Save Your Life?" itself focuses on Knightley's Gretta, who moves to New York with her long-time boyfriend (Levine) to pursue career in music. She later gets heartbroken when he dumps her for the fame and fortune of a big solo contract.
Gretta's world takes a turn for the better when a down-on-his-luck record producer (Ruffalo) stumbles upon her singing in a local bar and is immediately captivated by her raw talent and inspiring authenticity - they may be each other's last chance to turn their lives around.
Somewhere between friendship and their love of music, the two strangers strike a chord that captures the hearts of everyone around them, proving that every great story has its own soundtrack.
Executive produced by Judd Apatow, the musical movie still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent