Cee-Lo Green to Team Up With Adam Levine in Musical 'Can a Song Save Your Life?'
Cee-Lo Green is set to join Adam Levine, his fellow judge on "The Voice", in "Can a Song Save Your Life?". On Thursday, June 28, Exclusive Media announced that the Gnarls Barkley member has landed a role in the upcoming musical film.
The "Fool for You" singer is set to star as Troublegum. The character is described as a "very successful hip-hop star." The Grammy winner is expected to kick off the filming on Monday, July 2 in New York.
In addition to Levine, Green is set to star opposite the likes of Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo, Hailee Steinfeld and Catherine Keener. Serving as the director and screenwriter is John Carney, who helmed Academy Award-winning musical "Once".
"Can a Song Save Your Life?" itself focuses on Knightley's Gretta, who moves to New York with her long-time boyfriend (Levine) to pursue career in music. She later gets heartbroken when he dumps her for the fame and fortune of a big solo contract.
Gretta's world takes a turn for the better when a down-on-his-luck record producer (Ruffalo) stumbles upon her singing in a local bar and is immediately captivated by her raw talent and inspiring authenticity - they may be each other's last chance to turn their lives around.
Somewhere between friendship and their love of music, the two strangers strike a chord that captures the hearts of everyone around them, proving that every great story has its own soundtrack.
Executive produced by Judd Apatow, the musical movie still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years