Cee-Lo Green to Team Up With Adam Levine in Musical 'Can a Song Save Your Life?'
Cee-Lo Green is set to join Adam Levine, his fellow judge on "The Voice", in "Can a Song Save Your Life?". On Thursday, June 28, Exclusive Media announced that the Gnarls Barkley member has landed a role in the upcoming musical film.
The "Fool for You" singer is set to star as Troublegum. The character is described as a "very successful hip-hop star." The Grammy winner is expected to kick off the filming on Monday, July 2 in New York.
In addition to Levine, Green is set to star opposite the likes of Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo, Hailee Steinfeld and Catherine Keener. Serving as the director and screenwriter is John Carney, who helmed Academy Award-winning musical "Once".
"Can a Song Save Your Life?" itself focuses on Knightley's Gretta, who moves to New York with her long-time boyfriend (Levine) to pursue career in music. She later gets heartbroken when he dumps her for the fame and fortune of a big solo contract.
Gretta's world takes a turn for the better when a down-on-his-luck record producer (Ruffalo) stumbles upon her singing in a local bar and is immediately captivated by her raw talent and inspiring authenticity - they may be each other's last chance to turn their lives around.
Somewhere between friendship and their love of music, the two strangers strike a chord that captures the hearts of everyone around them, proving that every great story has its own soundtrack.
Executive produced by Judd Apatow, the musical movie still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'