Audio: Muse's Official London Olympic Games Anthem 'Survival'
Muse have finally premiered their song "Survival", which is picked as the official anthem for the 2012 London Olympic Games. Presenting an epic combination between rock and orchestra, the spirit-rising song is about "total conviction and pure determination to win."
Frontman Matthew Bellamy sings at one point, "I'll light the fuse/And I'll never lose/And I choose to survive/Whatever it takes/You won't pull ahead/I'll keep up the pace/And I'll reveal my strength/To the whole human race."
The British rock trio themselves are honored that their song was chosen as the national anthem for the Summer Games. "We are very excited to announce that a Muse song, survival, has been selected by the London Olympic committee to be the main official song for the London 2012 Olympic Games," the band wrote on their site. "Matt wrote the song with the Olympics in his mind."
"The song will be played throughout the Games including when athletes enter the stadium, in the lead up to the medal ceremony and also as the theme for all international TV coverage," the band added. "The worldwide radio exclusive will be tonight on BBC Radio 1 around 9:30 and will be available on iTunes and in the muse.mu store immediately afterwards."
In addition to Muse's "Sruvival", four more songs by Elton John vs. Pnau, Delphic, The Chemical Brothers and Dizzee Rascal have already been composed for the Games. Those anthems will be made available for listening pleasure between July 16 and August 6.
The 2012 London Olympic Games itself will run from July 27 to August 12.
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed