Video Premiere: Lupe Fiasco's 'Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)'
Lupe Fiasco has released a music video for his single "Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)". The 30-year-old rapper is driving his white Lamborghini and roaming the streets with glowing eyes while rapping to the camera.
Sampling Pete Rock and CL Smooth's 1992 hit single "They Reminisce Over You", the song was slammed by Pete when it first came out. The rapper ranted on Twitter, but later talked to Lupe and "worked out our difference and we bout to get it in."
"No disrespect to lupe fiasco and i like him a lot but TROY should be left alone," Pete initially complained. "Feel so violated, the beat is next to my heart and was made Outta anguish and pain. When it's like that it should not be touched by no one."
"All the credit goes to my partner and manager Chill, he just felt like it was time to bring back a joint," Lupe replied. "Go back and take one of the iconic records of Hip Hop and put a new spin on it and put it back out there."
"Around My Way" is expected to appear in Lupe's upcoming studio album "Food and Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album". The album is due to be released later this year as a follow-up to his third effort "Lasers".
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked