Video Premiere: Lupe Fiasco's 'Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)'
Lupe Fiasco has released a music video for his single "Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)". The 30-year-old rapper is driving his white Lamborghini and roaming the streets with glowing eyes while rapping to the camera.
Sampling Pete Rock and CL Smooth's 1992 hit single "They Reminisce Over You", the song was slammed by Pete when it first came out. The rapper ranted on Twitter, but later talked to Lupe and "worked out our difference and we bout to get it in."
"No disrespect to lupe fiasco and i like him a lot but TROY should be left alone," Pete initially complained. "Feel so violated, the beat is next to my heart and was made Outta anguish and pain. When it's like that it should not be touched by no one."
"All the credit goes to my partner and manager Chill, he just felt like it was time to bring back a joint," Lupe replied. "Go back and take one of the iconic records of Hip Hop and put a new spin on it and put it back out there."
"Around My Way" is expected to appear in Lupe's upcoming studio album "Food and Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album". The album is due to be released later this year as a follow-up to his third effort "Lasers".
Lupe Fiasco's "Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)" Music Video
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival