Video Premiere: Lupe Fiasco's 'Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)'
Lupe Fiasco has released a music video for his single "Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)". The 30-year-old rapper is driving his white Lamborghini and roaming the streets with glowing eyes while rapping to the camera.
Sampling Pete Rock and CL Smooth's 1992 hit single "They Reminisce Over You", the song was slammed by Pete when it first came out. The rapper ranted on Twitter, but later talked to Lupe and "worked out our difference and we bout to get it in."
"No disrespect to lupe fiasco and i like him a lot but TROY should be left alone," Pete initially complained. "Feel so violated, the beat is next to my heart and was made Outta anguish and pain. When it's like that it should not be touched by no one."
"All the credit goes to my partner and manager Chill, he just felt like it was time to bring back a joint," Lupe replied. "Go back and take one of the iconic records of Hip Hop and put a new spin on it and put it back out there."
"Around My Way" is expected to appear in Lupe's upcoming studio album "Food and Liquor 2: The Great American Rap Album". The album is due to be released later this year as a follow-up to his third effort "Lasers".
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group