'Game of Thrones' Season 3 Adds Morocco as Filming Location
Gearing up for the production of "Game of Thrones" season 3, HBO has just shared some info on shooting locations, directors and writers. Slated to kick off in early July, the principal photography will return to Belfast, Croatia and Iceland. Morocco is added as the fourth country, likely as the backdrop for Daenerys' storyline.
In the directors line-up, showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going to take turn directing an episode while still providing the script. Alex Graves, Michelle MacLaren, Dan Minahan, David Nutter and Alik Sakharov will also direct episodes of the third season, while Alan Taylor is out of the mix since he will be busy working on "Thor 2".
Joining Benioff and Weiss as returning writers are author George R.R. Martin, Bryan Cogman and Vanessa Taylor. Martin recently spilled he'll write the seventh episode titled "Autumn Storms".
The upcoming season of the hit drama series will consist of another 10 episodes and cover roughly the first half of "A Storm of Swords". Mance Rayder, Jojen and Meera Reed, Ser Brynden Tully and Olenna Redwyne have been revealed among new characters that will be introduced next season, but there's still no word on who will play them.
More Game of Thrones News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?