'Game of Thrones' Season 3 Adds Morocco as Filming Location
Gearing up for the production of "Game of Thrones" season 3, HBO has just shared some info on shooting locations, directors and writers. Slated to kick off in early July, the principal photography will return to Belfast, Croatia and Iceland. Morocco is added as the fourth country, likely as the backdrop for Daenerys' storyline.
In the directors line-up, showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going to take turn directing an episode while still providing the script. Alex Graves, Michelle MacLaren, Dan Minahan, David Nutter and Alik Sakharov will also direct episodes of the third season, while Alan Taylor is out of the mix since he will be busy working on "Thor 2".
Joining Benioff and Weiss as returning writers are author George R.R. Martin, Bryan Cogman and Vanessa Taylor. Martin recently spilled he'll write the seventh episode titled "Autumn Storms".
The upcoming season of the hit drama series will consist of another 10 episodes and cover roughly the first half of "A Storm of Swords". Mance Rayder, Jojen and Meera Reed, Ser Brynden Tully and Olenna Redwyne have been revealed among new characters that will be introduced next season, but there's still no word on who will play them.
More Game of Thrones News
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode
- Bootylicious! Kristin Cavallari Shares NSFW Instagram Pic of Husband Jay Cutler