Tom Cruise Stands Tall in First Image of 'Jack Reacher'
How Tom Cruise would look like in "Jack Reacher" (previously known as "One Shot") has been revealed in a first official still of the movie. Making its way out via Entertainment Weekly, the image shows the husband of Katie Holmes clad in a brown leather jacket while standing on a city street beside a 1970 Chevelle SS.
EW explained that the car in the still is Cruise's "temporary possession," which he "has just battered in an attempt to escape from police who wrongfully suspect him of a murder." The scene itself was filmed in Pittsburgh.
In the thriller that is based on Lee Child's bestselling crime novel, Cruise tackles the titular character, who is a former military homicide investigator. He seeks the truth behind what seems to be an open-and-shut murder case after a trained military sniper is arrested for shooting five random victims.
"Someone asks him at one point in the story about the difference between a military policeman and a regular cop. Reacher points out that [for military police], every suspect is a trained killer," director Christopher McQuarrie said of Cruise's character. "He is free from any sort of anxiety. He is truly not encumbered by all the bulls*** that makes up our daily lives. He literally and figuratively has no baggage."
McQuarrie explained further, "He is an extremely pragmatic, matter-of-fact person. He's very solitary, but he can't walk away from a situation that needs to be made right. His own sense of right and wrong tie into that situation and he can't leave until it's been resolved. That's his Achilles heels."
Also starring Rosamund Pike, David Oyelowo, Richard Jenkins, "Jack Reacher" will open in the U.S. on December 21. In addition to serving behind the lens, McQuarrie works to provide the screenplay.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope