Video Premiere: Jordin Sparks and Whitney Houston's 'Celebrate' From 'Sparkle'
A music video made in support of Jordin Sparks and Whitney Houston's duet "Celebrate" has arrived in full. In the clip, the "Battlefield" songstress is featured having fun together with her "Sparkle" co-stars, including Derek Luke, Omari Hardwick, Goapele, Carmen Ejogo and Tika Sumpter, as they dance at a house party.
Houston, who plays Sparks' mother in the musical film, appears through footage from the upcoming drama. A shot of the late "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker is additionally featured on a giant screen in a room where the young stars hang out.
"We planned on it being Whitney and me, but she's not here, so we wanted to make it a tribute to her," the winner of "American Idol" season 6 told BET about the clip. In an interview with Entertainment Tonight during the video shoot back in May, she also said, "What we wanted to do was make sure that this was a fun, happy video and just kind of dedicating it to her."
"Celebrate" will be included in the "Sparkle" soundtrack album which is due July 31. Written and produced by R. Kelly, it was the last song recorded by Houston.
As for the movie, it follows Sparks' titular character who struggles to become a star while overcoming issues that are tearing her family apart. A remake of the 1976 film of the same name, the film was inspired by the story of The Supremes and is set to open wide in U.S. theaters on August 17.
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues