Video Premiere: Jordin Sparks and Whitney Houston's 'Celebrate' From 'Sparkle'
A music video made in support of Jordin Sparks and Whitney Houston's duet "Celebrate" has arrived in full. In the clip, the "Battlefield" songstress is featured having fun together with her "Sparkle" co-stars, including Derek Luke, Omari Hardwick, Goapele, Carmen Ejogo and Tika Sumpter, as they dance at a house party.
Houston, who plays Sparks' mother in the musical film, appears through footage from the upcoming drama. A shot of the late "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker is additionally featured on a giant screen in a room where the young stars hang out.
"We planned on it being Whitney and me, but she's not here, so we wanted to make it a tribute to her," the winner of "American Idol" season 6 told BET about the clip. In an interview with Entertainment Tonight during the video shoot back in May, she also said, "What we wanted to do was make sure that this was a fun, happy video and just kind of dedicating it to her."
"Celebrate" will be included in the "Sparkle" soundtrack album which is due July 31. Written and produced by R. Kelly, it was the last song recorded by Houston.
As for the movie, it follows Sparks' titular character who struggles to become a star while overcoming issues that are tearing her family apart. A remake of the 1976 film of the same name, the film was inspired by the story of The Supremes and is set to open wide in U.S. theaters on August 17.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift