Video Premiere: Jordin Sparks and Whitney Houston's 'Celebrate' From 'Sparkle'
A music video made in support of Jordin Sparks and Whitney Houston's duet "Celebrate" has arrived in full. In the clip, the "Battlefield" songstress is featured having fun together with her "Sparkle" co-stars, including Derek Luke, Omari Hardwick, Goapele, Carmen Ejogo and Tika Sumpter, as they dance at a house party.
Houston, who plays Sparks' mother in the musical film, appears through footage from the upcoming drama. A shot of the late "I Will Always Love You" hitmaker is additionally featured on a giant screen in a room where the young stars hang out.
"We planned on it being Whitney and me, but she's not here, so we wanted to make it a tribute to her," the winner of "American Idol" season 6 told BET about the clip. In an interview with Entertainment Tonight during the video shoot back in May, she also said, "What we wanted to do was make sure that this was a fun, happy video and just kind of dedicating it to her."
"Celebrate" will be included in the "Sparkle" soundtrack album which is due July 31. Written and produced by R. Kelly, it was the last song recorded by Houston.
As for the movie, it follows Sparks' titular character who struggles to become a star while overcoming issues that are tearing her family apart. A remake of the 1976 film of the same name, the film was inspired by the story of The Supremes and is set to open wide in U.S. theaters on August 17.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl