Scarlett Johansson Could Get $66,000 From Nude Photo Hacker
Scarlett Johansson, Christina Aguilera and Renee Olstead may get settlement from their personal account hacker. Prosecutors said Christopher Chaney, who pleaded guilty to nine counts of computer hacking, should pay the celebrities a total of $150,000 in compensation and serve 71 months in prison.
Chaney hacked into email accounts of around 50 people in the entertainment industry daily. He managed to get the nude pictures of Johansson which were sent to her then-husband Ryan Reynolds. The 35-year-old man forwarded the pictures to another hacker and two celebrity websites which then started the worldwide circulation online.
Prosecutors are asking a judge to order Chaney to pay Johansson $66,179.46, Aguilera $7,500, Osltead $76,767.35 and Aftra Health Fund $10,374.59. "Indeed, it was apparently such a rush that he continued to do it after the FBI had come and searched his home and seized his computer," attorney Lisa Feldman wrote about the 71-month sentence. "At least once, on an occasion after defendant's residence had already been searched by the FBI, the recipient of the email, a secondary victim, complied."
More Scarlett Johansson News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered