Photos: Angelina Jolie Films Flying Scene on 'Maleficent' Set
Angelina Jolie has been caught on camera filming a flying scene on the set of "Maleficent". The "Salt" actress was spotted being wired up to a crane and flew to the skies when shooting the fantasy movie in Buckinghamshire, England on Tuesday, June 26.
She was snapped sporting a Maleficent horned headdress complete with prosthetic cheekbones. She finished off the facial makeup by donning a long brown gown and a matching cape. On the other side of the location, meanwhile, there were a host of armored-clad extras riding horses while shooting what seemed to be a battle scene.
Walt Disney Pictures said that "Maleficent" will tell the untold story of Disney's most beloved villain from the 1959 classic "Sleeping Beauty". The fairytale movie is said to reveal "the events that hardened her heart and drove her to curse the baby, Aurora."
"Maleficent" is directed by Robert Stromberg with Linda Woolverton penning the script based on the classic Charles Perrault tale. Rounding up the cast ensemble are Elle Fanning, India Eisley, Sharlto Copley, Sam Riley, Miranda Richardson, Imelda Staunton and Juno Temple.
The retelling movie will hit the U.S. theaters on March 14, 2014.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch