Photos: Angelina Jolie Films Flying Scene on 'Maleficent' Set
Angelina Jolie has been caught on camera filming a flying scene on the set of "Maleficent". The "Salt" actress was spotted being wired up to a crane and flew to the skies when shooting the fantasy movie in Buckinghamshire, England on Tuesday, June 26.
She was snapped sporting a Maleficent horned headdress complete with prosthetic cheekbones. She finished off the facial makeup by donning a long brown gown and a matching cape. On the other side of the location, meanwhile, there were a host of armored-clad extras riding horses while shooting what seemed to be a battle scene.
Walt Disney Pictures said that "Maleficent" will tell the untold story of Disney's most beloved villain from the 1959 classic "Sleeping Beauty". The fairytale movie is said to reveal "the events that hardened her heart and drove her to curse the baby, Aurora."
"Maleficent" is directed by Robert Stromberg with Linda Woolverton penning the script based on the classic Charles Perrault tale. Rounding up the cast ensemble are Elle Fanning, India Eisley, Sharlto Copley, Sam Riley, Miranda Richardson, Imelda Staunton and Juno Temple.
The retelling movie will hit the U.S. theaters on March 14, 2014.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos Reveal Iron Man's New Suit
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury