Photos: Angelina Jolie Films Flying Scene on 'Maleficent' Set
Angelina Jolie has been caught on camera filming a flying scene on the set of "Maleficent". The "Salt" actress was spotted being wired up to a crane and flew to the skies when shooting the fantasy movie in Buckinghamshire, England on Tuesday, June 26.
She was snapped sporting a Maleficent horned headdress complete with prosthetic cheekbones. She finished off the facial makeup by donning a long brown gown and a matching cape. On the other side of the location, meanwhile, there were a host of armored-clad extras riding horses while shooting what seemed to be a battle scene.
Walt Disney Pictures said that "Maleficent" will tell the untold story of Disney's most beloved villain from the 1959 classic "Sleeping Beauty". The fairytale movie is said to reveal "the events that hardened her heart and drove her to curse the baby, Aurora."
"Maleficent" is directed by Robert Stromberg with Linda Woolverton penning the script based on the classic Charles Perrault tale. Rounding up the cast ensemble are Elle Fanning, India Eisley, Sharlto Copley, Sam Riley, Miranda Richardson, Imelda Staunton and Juno Temple.
The retelling movie will hit the U.S. theaters on March 14, 2014.
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week