Report: Savannah Guthrie Formally Offered to Replace Ann Curry on 'Today'
New report regarding a "Today" shake-up indicates that Ann Curry's departure is imminent. Following wild rumors about the 55-year-old's exit as the show's co-anchor, it is now said that Savannah Guthrie, who co-hosts the 9 A.M. hour of "Today", has been officially offered a promotion to the main broadcast.
Additionally, TMZ says that NBC is currently negotiating Curry's exit and the amount of money she will get. The network allegedly wants to make the switch quickly and make the announcement late this week or early next week.
The Hollywood Reporter, meanwhile, confirms speculation that Curry will not leave NBC News despite her "Today" exit. Sources tell the site that she is set to take a "substantial" role on the network.
Holly Robinson Peete, who was dismissed from CBS' "The Talk" in 2011, recently showed her support to Curry amidst the firing rumors. "Wishing @anncurry so much luck in her future. Tough to be replaced so publicly after so many years... Good Luck Ann!" so the actress tweeted on Monday, June 25.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy