Report: Savannah Guthrie Formally Offered to Replace Ann Curry on 'Today'
New report regarding a "Today" shake-up indicates that Ann Curry's departure is imminent. Following wild rumors about the 55-year-old's exit as the show's co-anchor, it is now said that Savannah Guthrie, who co-hosts the 9 A.M. hour of "Today", has been officially offered a promotion to the main broadcast.
Additionally, TMZ says that NBC is currently negotiating Curry's exit and the amount of money she will get. The network allegedly wants to make the switch quickly and make the announcement late this week or early next week.
The Hollywood Reporter, meanwhile, confirms speculation that Curry will not leave NBC News despite her "Today" exit. Sources tell the site that she is set to take a "substantial" role on the network.
Holly Robinson Peete, who was dismissed from CBS' "The Talk" in 2011, recently showed her support to Curry amidst the firing rumors. "Wishing @anncurry so much luck in her future. Tough to be replaced so publicly after so many years... Good Luck Ann!" so the actress tweeted on Monday, June 25.
More Today News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie