Report: Savannah Guthrie Formally Offered to Replace Ann Curry on 'Today'
New report regarding a "Today" shake-up indicates that Ann Curry's departure is imminent. Following wild rumors about the 55-year-old's exit as the show's co-anchor, it is now said that Savannah Guthrie, who co-hosts the 9 A.M. hour of "Today", has been officially offered a promotion to the main broadcast.
Additionally, TMZ says that NBC is currently negotiating Curry's exit and the amount of money she will get. The network allegedly wants to make the switch quickly and make the announcement late this week or early next week.
The Hollywood Reporter, meanwhile, confirms speculation that Curry will not leave NBC News despite her "Today" exit. Sources tell the site that she is set to take a "substantial" role on the network.
Holly Robinson Peete, who was dismissed from CBS' "The Talk" in 2011, recently showed her support to Curry amidst the firing rumors. "Wishing @anncurry so much luck in her future. Tough to be replaced so publicly after so many years... Good Luck Ann!" so the actress tweeted on Monday, June 25.
More Today News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert