Report: Savannah Guthrie Formally Offered to Replace Ann Curry on 'Today'
New report regarding a "Today" shake-up indicates that Ann Curry's departure is imminent. Following wild rumors about the 55-year-old's exit as the show's co-anchor, it is now said that Savannah Guthrie, who co-hosts the 9 A.M. hour of "Today", has been officially offered a promotion to the main broadcast.
Additionally, TMZ says that NBC is currently negotiating Curry's exit and the amount of money she will get. The network allegedly wants to make the switch quickly and make the announcement late this week or early next week.
The Hollywood Reporter, meanwhile, confirms speculation that Curry will not leave NBC News despite her "Today" exit. Sources tell the site that she is set to take a "substantial" role on the network.
Holly Robinson Peete, who was dismissed from CBS' "The Talk" in 2011, recently showed her support to Curry amidst the firing rumors. "Wishing @anncurry so much luck in her future. Tough to be replaced so publicly after so many years... Good Luck Ann!" so the actress tweeted on Monday, June 25.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked