Report: Savannah Guthrie Formally Offered to Replace Ann Curry on 'Today'
New report regarding a "Today" shake-up indicates that Ann Curry's departure is imminent. Following wild rumors about the 55-year-old's exit as the show's co-anchor, it is now said that Savannah Guthrie, who co-hosts the 9 A.M. hour of "Today", has been officially offered a promotion to the main broadcast.
Additionally, TMZ says that NBC is currently negotiating Curry's exit and the amount of money she will get. The network allegedly wants to make the switch quickly and make the announcement late this week or early next week.
The Hollywood Reporter, meanwhile, confirms speculation that Curry will not leave NBC News despite her "Today" exit. Sources tell the site that she is set to take a "substantial" role on the network.
Holly Robinson Peete, who was dismissed from CBS' "The Talk" in 2011, recently showed her support to Curry amidst the firing rumors. "Wishing @anncurry so much luck in her future. Tough to be replaced so publicly after so many years... Good Luck Ann!" so the actress tweeted on Monday, June 25.
More Today News
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery