Spice Girls Reunited for the Launching of 'Viva Forever!'
A brief reunion of the Spice Girls took place at a central London hotel on Tuesday, June 26. Victoria Adams, Melanie Brown, Emma Bunton, Melanie C and Geri Halliwell were on hand to launch a new musical called "Viva Forever!" which is based on their popular songs.
"We're going to be introducing a whole new generation to Girl Power," Adams said. She added later, "We always said if we do this we want to work with the best people, because that's what we've always done. Everything we've done we've done properly and we've got the 'A-team'."
"Viva Forever!" is written by British comedian Jennifer Saunders and produced by "Mamma Mia!" mastermind Judy Craymer. "She understands the anxieties in women, the fear of judgment and trepidation that one day they get to a certain age and become invisible," Craymer said when talking about Saunders.
The Spice Girls were involved in the making of the storyline although it is not clear to what length. "As much as we've written the songs, we also didn't want to creatively stifle Judy and Jennifer," Adams explained. "So, somewhat, we have let them do what they do. Their success speaks for themselves. We really gave them the freedom to do their thing. We had a lot of faith in them."
It centers around four characters who audition for a TV talent show. "We listened to Spice Girls songs for nine months non-stop. Jennifer came up with a heart-warming family story that touches on celebrity today," Craymer said.
"Viva Forever!" opens at the Piccadilly Theatre in London's West End on December 11.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'