Carly Rae Jepsen Works With Redfoo of LMFAO for New Album
Carly Rae Jepsen is currently preparing her second studio album and has worked with a number of famed artists for the record. The Canadian star reveals that she has been writing a song with Redfoo of LMFAO. "I ran into Redfoo from LMFAO at the airport, and we've been writing a song together today. Over the phone," so she shares in a cover story interview with Billboard.
After being featured in Owl City's new song "Good Time", the former contestant of "Canadian Idol" season 5 hints at another joint project with the one-man band. "[There are] definitely some oldies, and collaborations with Owl City," she teases, adding that she has also recorded a song with Justin Bieber.
Meanwhile, Dallas Austin and Ryan Tedder will produce some of the tracks in her next album, which is due to come out in September. "I have a song that happened while I was in Paris, and a song here today in L.A.," the 26-year-old songstress further dishes. "It's going to be really cool to have this project done."
Claiming that she's excited to work on the upcoming effort, Jepsen compares the process to the time when she made her hit single "Call Me Maybe". "What I really love about music is that, despite all this craziness the creative process remains the same. And that same exciting feeling I had before anybody knew me, when I was just beginning to work on 'Call Me Maybe', is the same feeling I had today with Redfoo from LMFAO," she explains.
In addition to gearing up to launch the new set, Jepsen is scheduled to join Bieber on his North American dates of Believe Tour. Speaking of the rehearsals, she says, "It's like playing dress up with better clothes. It's going to be a lot of fun."
She continues gushing, "It's not that I didn't have my dream show built in my head before all of this - It's just that I never had the resources together to actually put it to life. I feel very giddy with the idea of making my imagination take form and being able to put on a show where people leave feeling like they've experienced something."
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd