'Magic Mike' May Be Adapted to Broadway With Alex Pettyfer Returning
"Magic Mike" hasn't even played in theaters yet, but there's already a plan to give the film a Broadway treatment. It was Channing Tatum's producing partner, Reid Carolin, who spilled the beans that the upcoming male stripper movie may be adapted into the stage version.
When attending the film's premiere during the closing night of the 2012 Los Angeles Film Festival, Carolin revealed USA Today about the big plans. "We are working on it as a Broadway show, which would be a different story," she dished.
Carolin said that the Broadway version is going to be "more of a romp, more of a fun night out at a club with a story." She continued, "I'm almost more excited about that than the movie because I think it's the perfect thing for women to go see on Broadway, to be participants in the show."
Should the Broadway project go on track, Carolin stated that Alex Pettyfer would "absolutely" star in the stage version. "I think we should all do the opening night," she added. Pettyfer himself stars as the Kid, a young dancer who becomes the protege of Tatum's titular character in the male stripping business.
Directed by Steven Soderbergh, "Magic Mike" will arrive in the U.S. cinemas on June 29. Cody Horn, Olivia Munn, Joe Manganiello, Matthew McConaughey, Matthew Bomer and Riley Keough are also lining up in the cast ensemble.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri