'Magic Mike' May Be Adapted to Broadway With Alex Pettyfer Returning
"Magic Mike" hasn't even played in theaters yet, but there's already a plan to give the film a Broadway treatment. It was Channing Tatum's producing partner, Reid Carolin, who spilled the beans that the upcoming male stripper movie may be adapted into the stage version.
When attending the film's premiere during the closing night of the 2012 Los Angeles Film Festival, Carolin revealed USA Today about the big plans. "We are working on it as a Broadway show, which would be a different story," she dished.
Carolin said that the Broadway version is going to be "more of a romp, more of a fun night out at a club with a story." She continued, "I'm almost more excited about that than the movie because I think it's the perfect thing for women to go see on Broadway, to be participants in the show."
Should the Broadway project go on track, Carolin stated that Alex Pettyfer would "absolutely" star in the stage version. "I think we should all do the opening night," she added. Pettyfer himself stars as the Kid, a young dancer who becomes the protege of Tatum's titular character in the male stripping business.
Directed by Steven Soderbergh, "Magic Mike" will arrive in the U.S. cinemas on June 29. Cody Horn, Olivia Munn, Joe Manganiello, Matthew McConaughey, Matthew Bomer and Riley Keough are also lining up in the cast ensemble.
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host