'The Artist' Dog Uggie Leaves His Paw Print in Hollywood Before Retiring
Uggie, the trained Jack Russell Terrier who's well known for his roles in "Water for Elephants" and "The Artist", has left his paw mark outside the famed Grauman's Chinese Theatre. He becomes the first dog to have his print cemented in the concrete block set in the forecourt.
The 10-year-old canine wore a black bowtie when posing for the photographers at the paw-print ceremony on Sunday, June 25. The beloved on-screen sidekick of Jean Dujardin was accompanied by his trainer Omar von Muller when putting his print in the cement, following the footsteps of Hollywood legends like Marilyn Monroe, Frank Sinatra and Elizabeth Taylor.
"Everybody thinks I am great trainer. I don't think so. I think he is just a great dog," Omar said at the event. The ceremony also marked Uggie's retirement from movies. Instead of continuing to appear in the big screen, he will participate at charity events, his trainer revealed.
"He is getting older and I wouldn't want to put him through long hours like on this movie," Omar once said. "He was on the set doing very long hours for a couple of months. If we get other jobs, he will go on. But not if the jobs are so intense."
Uggie has won some coveted awards. He won Palm Dog award at the Cannes film festival in May 2011, and grabbed Golden Collar Award in Los Angeles last February. He is also tapped as Nintendo's first-ever spokesdog to help promote their 3DS video game Nintendogs + Cats during Responsible Pet Ownership Month.
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami