'The Artist' Dog Uggie Leaves His Paw Print in Hollywood Before Retiring
Uggie, the trained Jack Russell Terrier who's well known for his roles in "Water for Elephants" and "The Artist", has left his paw mark outside the famed Grauman's Chinese Theatre. He becomes the first dog to have his print cemented in the concrete block set in the forecourt.
The 10-year-old canine wore a black bowtie when posing for the photographers at the paw-print ceremony on Sunday, June 25. The beloved on-screen sidekick of Jean Dujardin was accompanied by his trainer Omar von Muller when putting his print in the cement, following the footsteps of Hollywood legends like Marilyn Monroe, Frank Sinatra and Elizabeth Taylor.
"Everybody thinks I am great trainer. I don't think so. I think he is just a great dog," Omar said at the event. The ceremony also marked Uggie's retirement from movies. Instead of continuing to appear in the big screen, he will participate at charity events, his trainer revealed.
"He is getting older and I wouldn't want to put him through long hours like on this movie," Omar once said. "He was on the set doing very long hours for a couple of months. If we get other jobs, he will go on. But not if the jobs are so intense."
Uggie has won some coveted awards. He won Palm Dog award at the Cannes film festival in May 2011, and grabbed Golden Collar Award in Los Angeles last February. He is also tapped as Nintendo's first-ever spokesdog to help promote their 3DS video game Nintendogs + Cats during Responsible Pet Ownership Month.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake