Flo Rida Ordered to Pay $7K for Lying to a Judge
For hiding the truth from the law, rapper Flo Rida has to fork out $7,000. A judge has ordered him to pay the amount of money to a former assistant named Mahogany Miller for lying to the court.
Miller sued Flo Rida for long hours, low wages and sudden termination. She claimed she was paid $3.08 per hour for 65 hours a week jobs such as answering phones and organizing mails. Miller said when she eventually confronted her boss, she was fired in less than 24 hours.
Flo Rida initially denied that Miller was an administrative employee, saying she was just an unpaid intern. He did not respond to the lawsuit because, as he told the judge, he did not receive the papers. He claimed the documents went to a woman named Stephany Nelson and the address listed for him was incorrect, TMZ reported.
He was eventually caught red handed lying about the address and Nelson's status. Turns out Nelson was an employee of his, meaning his initial statements were total fabrications. The case is far from finished.
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation
- 'DWTS' Alum Hayes Grier's Involved in Car Crash, Brother Asks for Prayer as He's 'Pretty Busted Up'
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Is Looking to Add This A-Lister
- Selena Gomez Is Gearing Up for New Album
- Halsey Thanks Fans for Their Support After Sharing Tragic Miscarriage Story
- Bristol Palin's Husband Dakota Meyer Slammed for Placing Gun Near Baby. See the Scary Pic
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa