'The Newsroom' 1.02 Preview: Guests Bail Out on 'News Night' Appearance
There's an emergency situation in "The Newsroom" when its second episode airs Sunday, July 1 at 10 P.M. ET on HBO. The "News Night" team's effort to relaunch the program with a new format is in threat of being ruined when people from the government's office bail out of their scheduled appearance.
As Will and Mackenzie can't agree over who should fill a segment, the news anchor loses his patient and shows his anger in front of camera. Asserting control over the new incarnation of "News Night", Mackenzie enlists a beautiful and brainy on-air economist, Sloan Sabbith, to do a nightly segment.
Meanwhile, Jim takes the fall for a Maggie miscue, and everybody is fearing a potential firing. Charlie forbids Reese from continuing his furtive meetings with Will, and a long-festering secret about Will and Mac's split gets out.
In another news, John Gallagher Jr. has said that he and Jeff Daniels will sing in an upcoming episode. "Aaron [Sorkin] found out that Jeff is also a singer/songwriter and he puts out his own records and then he found out that I play guitar and sing," the Jim depicter revealed what prompted the idea.
"So, one day, he said, 'Oh, there's going to be an episode when you and Jeff are jamming.' I thought he was kidding, but two weeks later I found out that he wasn't kidding and that he had worked it into the script."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby