Kim Kardashian Denies Her Relationship With Kanye West Is Publicity Stunt
Kim Kardashian insists her romance with Kanye West is genuine, despite reports that it's orchestrated to boost her career. "It's your heart you're playing with. I couldn't sacrifice my heart for a publicity stunt," she says in a second interview on "Oprah's Next Chapter" that aired Sunday, June 24.
Saying that their love blossoms from a friendship that has lasted for "six or seven years," the 31-year-old reality TV star tells Oprah Winfrey how the platonic relationship turns into a romantic one. "I think we've always had an attraction to each other," she gushes. "One day it just happened. It took me by surprise."
Kim says Kanye fits the description of what her ideal man is. The G.O.O.D Music rhymer is known for his bad boy image, but the brunette beauty is not worried because she herself is widely believed as a hard-partying girl even though she's "so far removed from" that image. "I hardly drink, I go to church on Sundays," she opens up.
Although she's comfortable with her relationship with Kanye and feels like she's at "a really happy, good place," Kim wants to take things slow. "I'm not thinking about marriage right now," she says. "To have him (Kanye) in my life this way, says a lot about us." She additionally states, "I think I needed to go through all my experiences and some that he's gone through."
Kim is busy with her reality TV series and heading to court for a divorce battle against her estranged husband Kris Humphries. Kanye has just completed the European leg of his tour with Jay-Z as part of promotion for their joint album "Watch the Throne", and is gearing up to release G.O.O.D Music compilation. The couple manage to spend time together in between their hectic schedules.
More Kim Kardashian News
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- Lil' Kim Is Under Investigation After BET Awards Party House Robbery
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season