Kim Kardashian Denies Her Relationship With Kanye West Is Publicity Stunt
Kim Kardashian insists her romance with Kanye West is genuine, despite reports that it's orchestrated to boost her career. "It's your heart you're playing with. I couldn't sacrifice my heart for a publicity stunt," she says in a second interview on "Oprah's Next Chapter" that aired Sunday, June 24.
Saying that their love blossoms from a friendship that has lasted for "six or seven years," the 31-year-old reality TV star tells Oprah Winfrey how the platonic relationship turns into a romantic one. "I think we've always had an attraction to each other," she gushes. "One day it just happened. It took me by surprise."
Kim says Kanye fits the description of what her ideal man is. The G.O.O.D Music rhymer is known for his bad boy image, but the brunette beauty is not worried because she herself is widely believed as a hard-partying girl even though she's "so far removed from" that image. "I hardly drink, I go to church on Sundays," she opens up.
Although she's comfortable with her relationship with Kanye and feels like she's at "a really happy, good place," Kim wants to take things slow. "I'm not thinking about marriage right now," she says. "To have him (Kanye) in my life this way, says a lot about us." She additionally states, "I think I needed to go through all my experiences and some that he's gone through."
Kim is busy with her reality TV series and heading to court for a divorce battle against her estranged husband Kris Humphries. Kanye has just completed the European leg of his tour with Jay-Z as part of promotion for their joint album "Watch the Throne", and is gearing up to release G.O.O.D Music compilation. The couple manage to spend time together in between their hectic schedules.
More Kim Kardashian News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'