'Firefly' May Hit Comic-Con for Its 10th Anniversary
The 2012 San Diego Comic-Con could stage a "Firefly" reunion, more than five years after the cast attended a panel for a movie adaptation of the show, "Serenity". Words on the street are, the short-lived Space Western show will head to the convention in celebration of its 10th anniversary.
After the San Diego Comic-Con Unofficial Blog broke the news, the speculation grew stronger as Tim Minear hinted at the possible "Firefly" panel via his Facebook. According to BuddyTV, the co-executive producer replied "Dunno yet. There is a ten year Firefly thing and I might if only for that. All depends!" in question about whether or not he would come to Comic-Con.
However, Minear soon clarified things and stated that nothing is set in stone just yet. "I see that my response here has elicited a bit of a firestorm on the net -- just to clarify, I'm not actually even sure what this thing is yet or who is gonna be there. More to follow," so he wrote.
While there's no word on who may attend the rumored "Firefly" panel, it was previously reported that lead star Nathan Fillion might show up at the convention although his current TV series "Castle" would skip the event this year. If the canceled drama show indeed holds a panel at Comic-Con, the actor is expected to take part in it.
The 2012 San Diego Comic-Con will run from July 11 to 15. Complete schedule of the panels will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed