Reese Witherspoon Confirms Pregnancy, Plans Hiatus After 'Devil's Knot'
Reese Witherspoon has been rumored to be expecting her third child for quite sometime, but the 36-year-old actress hasn't confirmed it until recently. On the same occasion, she also revealed her plan to take time off after finishing her new movie "Devil's Knot" with Colin Firth.
"Frankly, I'm feeling very round tonight," the wife of Hollywood talent agent Jim Toth said during an event hosted by the Gene Siskel Film Centre of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago on Saturday, June 23. "I'm always feeling like I'd like to eat everything in sight!"
Regarding her plan to take a break after "Devil's Knot", the mother of two told Chicago Sun-Times, "I'm going to take a little time off - and go have a baby." The movie itself is "a very American story" that revolves around "a crime that occurred in 1993" in Arkansas, so she spilled.
Witherspoon received a Renaissance Award in a ceremony taking place at The Ritz-Carlton. Showing off her baby bump in a blue Vanessa Bruno dress, she accepted the prize from Academy Award winner Alexander Payne, who directed her in 1999's critically acclaimed "Election".
Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth were first romantically linked in February 2010 after she split from "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time" star Jake Gyllenhaal in late 2009. The couple got married in March 2011, and the upcoming baby will be their first child together.
She was also previously married to Ryan Phillippe, with whom she has two kids, 12-year-old daughter Ava and 8-year-old son Deacon.
More Reese Witherspoon News
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Lead Music Nominees
- Is Nicki Minaj the Reason Drake Can't Fully Commit to Rihanna?
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Pretty Little Liars' and 'Vampire Diaries' Dominate TV Nominations
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 2nd Wedding Anniversary With Kanye West in Italy
- Jason Derulo Splits From Girlfriend Daphne Joy
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'