Video: Justin Bieber Fails to Understand What Sistine Chapel Is
Justin Bieber had no idea what Sistine Chapel was, and it's revealed when he had a playful banter with David Letterman on the CBS late-night show recently. The Canadian teen idol called the Pope's residence in the Vatican City a "sixteenth chapel" instead.
It all began when the "Late Show with David Letterman" host pointed out Bieber's new tattoo, "Believe". Acting like a concerned grandpa, the 65-year-old funnyman said, "Tell me that's the last one," to which the 18-year-old popstar replied, "Might be."
"No, no, it is," Letterman insisted. "Honestly, how does that help how you look to have a tattoo?" Bieber refused to back down, arguing, "How does it not? It doesn't not help the way I look," before explaining that it's the way he celebrated the release of his new album.
When Letterman pulled his arm and tried to rub the ink off, Bieber struggled, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! This is brand new!" The host then lectured him, "Do me a favor: don't go nuts ... Because more and more, you see the 'mural' and like the Sistine Chapel... it's too much."
Clearly having no idea what Letterman said, Bieber answered, "I'm not going for the 16th chapel look." He was unaware of his ignorant remark, but looked a bit uneasy on his seat when the audience broke into laughter. "Canadian high school!" Letterman quipped before lightening the mood by giving him a fist-bump.
More Justin Bieber News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie