Video: Justin Bieber Fails to Understand What Sistine Chapel Is
Justin Bieber had no idea what Sistine Chapel was, and it's revealed when he had a playful banter with David Letterman on the CBS late-night show recently. The Canadian teen idol called the Pope's residence in the Vatican City a "sixteenth chapel" instead.
It all began when the "Late Show with David Letterman" host pointed out Bieber's new tattoo, "Believe". Acting like a concerned grandpa, the 65-year-old funnyman said, "Tell me that's the last one," to which the 18-year-old popstar replied, "Might be."
"No, no, it is," Letterman insisted. "Honestly, how does that help how you look to have a tattoo?" Bieber refused to back down, arguing, "How does it not? It doesn't not help the way I look," before explaining that it's the way he celebrated the release of his new album.
When Letterman pulled his arm and tried to rub the ink off, Bieber struggled, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! This is brand new!" The host then lectured him, "Do me a favor: don't go nuts ... Because more and more, you see the 'mural' and like the Sistine Chapel... it's too much."
Clearly having no idea what Letterman said, Bieber answered, "I'm not going for the 16th chapel look." He was unaware of his ignorant remark, but looked a bit uneasy on his seat when the audience broke into laughter. "Canadian high school!" Letterman quipped before lightening the mood by giving him a fist-bump.
More Justin Bieber News
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role