Video: Justin Bieber Fails to Understand What Sistine Chapel Is
Justin Bieber had no idea what Sistine Chapel was, and it's revealed when he had a playful banter with David Letterman on the CBS late-night show recently. The Canadian teen idol called the Pope's residence in the Vatican City a "sixteenth chapel" instead.
It all began when the "Late Show with David Letterman" host pointed out Bieber's new tattoo, "Believe". Acting like a concerned grandpa, the 65-year-old funnyman said, "Tell me that's the last one," to which the 18-year-old popstar replied, "Might be."
"No, no, it is," Letterman insisted. "Honestly, how does that help how you look to have a tattoo?" Bieber refused to back down, arguing, "How does it not? It doesn't not help the way I look," before explaining that it's the way he celebrated the release of his new album.
When Letterman pulled his arm and tried to rub the ink off, Bieber struggled, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! This is brand new!" The host then lectured him, "Do me a favor: don't go nuts ... Because more and more, you see the 'mural' and like the Sistine Chapel... it's too much."
Clearly having no idea what Letterman said, Bieber answered, "I'm not going for the 16th chapel look." He was unaware of his ignorant remark, but looked a bit uneasy on his seat when the audience broke into laughter. "Canadian high school!" Letterman quipped before lightening the mood by giving him a fist-bump.
More Justin Bieber News
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound