Video: Justin Bieber Fails to Understand What Sistine Chapel Is
Justin Bieber had no idea what Sistine Chapel was, and it's revealed when he had a playful banter with David Letterman on the CBS late-night show recently. The Canadian teen idol called the Pope's residence in the Vatican City a "sixteenth chapel" instead.
It all began when the "Late Show with David Letterman" host pointed out Bieber's new tattoo, "Believe". Acting like a concerned grandpa, the 65-year-old funnyman said, "Tell me that's the last one," to which the 18-year-old popstar replied, "Might be."
"No, no, it is," Letterman insisted. "Honestly, how does that help how you look to have a tattoo?" Bieber refused to back down, arguing, "How does it not? It doesn't not help the way I look," before explaining that it's the way he celebrated the release of his new album.
When Letterman pulled his arm and tried to rub the ink off, Bieber struggled, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! This is brand new!" The host then lectured him, "Do me a favor: don't go nuts ... Because more and more, you see the 'mural' and like the Sistine Chapel... it's too much."
Clearly having no idea what Letterman said, Bieber answered, "I'm not going for the 16th chapel look." He was unaware of his ignorant remark, but looked a bit uneasy on his seat when the audience broke into laughter. "Canadian high school!" Letterman quipped before lightening the mood by giving him a fist-bump.
More Justin Bieber News
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'