Video: Justin Bieber Fails to Understand What Sistine Chapel Is
Justin Bieber had no idea what Sistine Chapel was, and it's revealed when he had a playful banter with David Letterman on the CBS late-night show recently. The Canadian teen idol called the Pope's residence in the Vatican City a "sixteenth chapel" instead.
It all began when the "Late Show with David Letterman" host pointed out Bieber's new tattoo, "Believe". Acting like a concerned grandpa, the 65-year-old funnyman said, "Tell me that's the last one," to which the 18-year-old popstar replied, "Might be."
"No, no, it is," Letterman insisted. "Honestly, how does that help how you look to have a tattoo?" Bieber refused to back down, arguing, "How does it not? It doesn't not help the way I look," before explaining that it's the way he celebrated the release of his new album.
When Letterman pulled his arm and tried to rub the ink off, Bieber struggled, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! This is brand new!" The host then lectured him, "Do me a favor: don't go nuts ... Because more and more, you see the 'mural' and like the Sistine Chapel... it's too much."
Clearly having no idea what Letterman said, Bieber answered, "I'm not going for the 16th chapel look." He was unaware of his ignorant remark, but looked a bit uneasy on his seat when the audience broke into laughter. "Canadian high school!" Letterman quipped before lightening the mood by giving him a fist-bump.
More Justin Bieber News
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video