Lifetime Picks Up Marc Cherry's 'Devious Maids' for 2013 Launch
"Devious Maids" has found a home in Lifetime. After ABC passed on the pilot from "Desperate Housewives" creator Marc Cherry, the cable channel has picked up 13 episodes of the soap drama for a 2013 launch.
"We are thrilled to be getting into business with one of entertainment's true visionaries," said Lifetime president Nancy Dubuc and EVP Rob Sharenow in a joint statement. "This show and Marc Cherry's unique story telling voice perfectly articulate Lifetime's strategy of attracting top-tier creatives with their most original and exciting projects."
Based on the hit Mexican telenovela "Ellas son la Alegria del Hogar", "Devious Maids" is Cherry's first project since "Desperate Housewives" ended its run. The new series follows four Latina housekeepers who work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills.
Playing the four key characters are Ana Ortiz ("Ugly Betty"), Judy Reyes ("Scrubs"), Dania Ramirez ("Heroes") and Roselyn Sanchez ("Without a Trace"). Also set to star on the show are "All My Children" alumna Susan Lucci, former "Melrose Place" actor Grant Show and "True Blood" actress Mariana Klaveno.
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring