Charlie Sheen to Star as U.S. President in 'Machete Kills'
Charlie Sheen is close to land a big movie role. The "Anger Management" star is in talks to play the U.S. President in upcoming action movie "Machete Kills", which is directed by Robert Rodriguez.
Announcing Charlie's casting news was none other than Robert himself. Taking to his Twitter on Thursday, June 21, he wrote, "I just cast Charlie Sheen in #machetekills as the President of the United States! Who better? More soon..."
Later on, the former "Two and a Half Men" actor retweeted Robert's posting. His representative, meanwhile, confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that the "negotiations are taking place."
By taking the president role, Charlie will follow the footsteps of his father Martin Sheen who is famous for playing the commander-in-chief on NBC's "The West Wing". He joins the movie's cast along with the likes of Danny Trejo, Jessica Alba, Zoe Saldana, Sofia Vergara, Mel Gibson and Amber Heard.
"Machete Kills" is currently filming in Austin, Texas. In the sequel to 2010's "Machete", Machete is called upon by the U.S. government to stop a cartel leader and an arms dealer who owns weapon in space. The actioner, which is written by Kyle Ward, is projected to hit the U.S. theaters sometime in 2013.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent