Charlie Sheen to Star as U.S. President in 'Machete Kills'
Charlie Sheen is close to land a big movie role. The "Anger Management" star is in talks to play the U.S. President in upcoming action movie "Machete Kills", which is directed by Robert Rodriguez.
Announcing Charlie's casting news was none other than Robert himself. Taking to his Twitter on Thursday, June 21, he wrote, "I just cast Charlie Sheen in #machetekills as the President of the United States! Who better? More soon..."
Later on, the former "Two and a Half Men" actor retweeted Robert's posting. His representative, meanwhile, confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that the "negotiations are taking place."
By taking the president role, Charlie will follow the footsteps of his father Martin Sheen who is famous for playing the commander-in-chief on NBC's "The West Wing". He joins the movie's cast along with the likes of Danny Trejo, Jessica Alba, Zoe Saldana, Sofia Vergara, Mel Gibson and Amber Heard.
"Machete Kills" is currently filming in Austin, Texas. In the sequel to 2010's "Machete", Machete is called upon by the U.S. government to stop a cartel leader and an arms dealer who owns weapon in space. The actioner, which is written by Kyle Ward, is projected to hit the U.S. theaters sometime in 2013.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake