Barbra Streisand to Make First Directing Stint in 16 Years With 'Skinny and Cat'
Barbra Streisand is ready to get back to the directing seat. On Thursday, June 21, Streisand's representative confirmed that the singer-turned-actress is set to helm her first movie project in 16 years called "Skinny and Cat".
Streisand's upcoming project will revolve around a true love story between late author Erskine Caldwell and Margaret Bourke White, a photojournalist. The 70-year-old actress has already tapped Colin Firth and Cate Blanchett to play the couple.
"Skinny and Cat", which is expected to kick off filming in January 2013, will mark Streisand's first directing stint since 1996's "The Mirror Has Two Faces". Her publicist, however, noted that the new movie has not secured the green light yet because of financial issue.
While preparing for "Skinny and Cat", Streisand is keeping herself busy with some other projects. She has been attached to the big screen take on Broadway musical "Gypsy" to be written by "Downton Abbey" creator Julian Fellowes. She will also appear in "The Guilt Trip" alongside Seth Rogen.
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps