Barbra Streisand to Make First Directing Stint in 16 Years With 'Skinny and Cat'
Barbra Streisand is ready to get back to the directing seat. On Thursday, June 21, Streisand's representative confirmed that the singer-turned-actress is set to helm her first movie project in 16 years called "Skinny and Cat".
Streisand's upcoming project will revolve around a true love story between late author Erskine Caldwell and Margaret Bourke White, a photojournalist. The 70-year-old actress has already tapped Colin Firth and Cate Blanchett to play the couple.
"Skinny and Cat", which is expected to kick off filming in January 2013, will mark Streisand's first directing stint since 1996's "The Mirror Has Two Faces". Her publicist, however, noted that the new movie has not secured the green light yet because of financial issue.
While preparing for "Skinny and Cat", Streisand is keeping herself busy with some other projects. She has been attached to the big screen take on Broadway musical "Gypsy" to be written by "Downton Abbey" creator Julian Fellowes. She will also appear in "The Guilt Trip" alongside Seth Rogen.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal