Barbra Streisand to Make First Directing Stint in 16 Years With 'Skinny and Cat'
Barbra Streisand is ready to get back to the directing seat. On Thursday, June 21, Streisand's representative confirmed that the singer-turned-actress is set to helm her first movie project in 16 years called "Skinny and Cat".
Streisand's upcoming project will revolve around a true love story between late author Erskine Caldwell and Margaret Bourke White, a photojournalist. The 70-year-old actress has already tapped Colin Firth and Cate Blanchett to play the couple.
"Skinny and Cat", which is expected to kick off filming in January 2013, will mark Streisand's first directing stint since 1996's "The Mirror Has Two Faces". Her publicist, however, noted that the new movie has not secured the green light yet because of financial issue.
While preparing for "Skinny and Cat", Streisand is keeping herself busy with some other projects. She has been attached to the big screen take on Broadway musical "Gypsy" to be written by "Downton Abbey" creator Julian Fellowes. She will also appear in "The Guilt Trip" alongside Seth Rogen.
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle
- Singer Babyface Joins 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Usher Confirms New Album 'Hard II Love' Is Due Out Next Month
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot