Barbra Streisand to Make First Directing Stint in 16 Years With 'Skinny and Cat'
Barbra Streisand is ready to get back to the directing seat. On Thursday, June 21, Streisand's representative confirmed that the singer-turned-actress is set to helm her first movie project in 16 years called "Skinny and Cat".
Streisand's upcoming project will revolve around a true love story between late author Erskine Caldwell and Margaret Bourke White, a photojournalist. The 70-year-old actress has already tapped Colin Firth and Cate Blanchett to play the couple.
"Skinny and Cat", which is expected to kick off filming in January 2013, will mark Streisand's first directing stint since 1996's "The Mirror Has Two Faces". Her publicist, however, noted that the new movie has not secured the green light yet because of financial issue.
While preparing for "Skinny and Cat", Streisand is keeping herself busy with some other projects. She has been attached to the big screen take on Broadway musical "Gypsy" to be written by "Downton Abbey" creator Julian Fellowes. She will also appear in "The Guilt Trip" alongside Seth Rogen.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie