Barbra Streisand to Make First Directing Stint in 16 Years With 'Skinny and Cat'
Barbra Streisand is ready to get back to the directing seat. On Thursday, June 21, Streisand's representative confirmed that the singer-turned-actress is set to helm her first movie project in 16 years called "Skinny and Cat".
Streisand's upcoming project will revolve around a true love story between late author Erskine Caldwell and Margaret Bourke White, a photojournalist. The 70-year-old actress has already tapped Colin Firth and Cate Blanchett to play the couple.
"Skinny and Cat", which is expected to kick off filming in January 2013, will mark Streisand's first directing stint since 1996's "The Mirror Has Two Faces". Her publicist, however, noted that the new movie has not secured the green light yet because of financial issue.
While preparing for "Skinny and Cat", Streisand is keeping herself busy with some other projects. She has been attached to the big screen take on Broadway musical "Gypsy" to be written by "Downton Abbey" creator Julian Fellowes. She will also appear in "The Guilt Trip" alongside Seth Rogen.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date