Meredith Vieira Allegedly Turns Down Offer to Replace Ann Curry on 'Today'
Following rumors about Ann Curry's impending departure from "Today", report has now swirled around that Meredith Vieira was touted to replace Curry. According to TMZ, NBC has secretly offered Vieira "a big contract" to return to the morning program.
Sources connected to the network allegedly told the site that the offer was made around two weeks ago, before news on Curry's possible exit broke out. However, Vieira who resigned as a co-host on the show in June has allegedly turned down the offer because she's simply not interested.
It was previously reported that NBC is planning to drop Curry from "Today" and has been discussing a different job for her. TMZ later said that the move may be taken partly because NBC was unhappy with her performance, and partly because Matt Lauer "didn't like working with her."
The New York Times has suggested that Savannah Guthrie, the co-host of the show's 9 A.M. hour, is likely the strongest candidate to replace Curry.
Contrary to the swirling reports, Curry showed her optimism regarding her future on "Today" when recently being interviewed by Ladies' Home Journal. Asked where she sees herself in five or ten years from now, the 55-year-old journalist said, "I've been at 'Today' for 15 years and I'd love to make it to 20."
She added, "I think eventually I want to become a teacher, like my father wanted to be, and hopefully positively influence the next generation."
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift