Meredith Vieira Allegedly Turns Down Offer to Replace Ann Curry on 'Today'
Following rumors about Ann Curry's impending departure from "Today", report has now swirled around that Meredith Vieira was touted to replace Curry. According to TMZ, NBC has secretly offered Vieira "a big contract" to return to the morning program.
Sources connected to the network allegedly told the site that the offer was made around two weeks ago, before news on Curry's possible exit broke out. However, Vieira who resigned as a co-host on the show in June has allegedly turned down the offer because she's simply not interested.
It was previously reported that NBC is planning to drop Curry from "Today" and has been discussing a different job for her. TMZ later said that the move may be taken partly because NBC was unhappy with her performance, and partly because Matt Lauer "didn't like working with her."
The New York Times has suggested that Savannah Guthrie, the co-host of the show's 9 A.M. hour, is likely the strongest candidate to replace Curry.
Contrary to the swirling reports, Curry showed her optimism regarding her future on "Today" when recently being interviewed by Ladies' Home Journal. Asked where she sees herself in five or ten years from now, the 55-year-old journalist said, "I've been at 'Today' for 15 years and I'd love to make it to 20."
She added, "I think eventually I want to become a teacher, like my father wanted to be, and hopefully positively influence the next generation."
More Today News
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?