'Brave' New Featurette Explains Why Pixar Makes Movie About Scotland
Getting closer to its U.S. release date, "Brave" unleashes a new promotional featurette. Titled "Pixar Goes to Scotland", the footage highlights the background idea of why the studio decided to make a movie about a Scottish princess. The video shows how the film's crew conducted a longtime research and went on a journey across the country to adapt its beautiful landscape, tradition and culture into the film.
"Brave" follows courageous Merida, a Scottish princess who confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts. Determined to carve her own path in life, she defies an age-old custom sacred to the uproarious lords of the land. Merida's actions inadvertently unleash chaos and fury in the kingdom, and when she turns to an eccentric old Witch for help, she is granted an ill-fated wish.
The movie marks the first Pixar movie with a female character as its lead. "The fact that Princess Merida is the lead here for the first time is really cool and exciting," the animated movie's director Mark Andrews told USA Today. "But Pixar has had great female role models. They are all over the place."
To hit theaters across the United States on Friday, June 22, "Brave" is supported by Kelly Macdonald as Princess Merida, Emma Thompson as Queen Elinor, and Billy Connolly as King Fergus. Some observers have predicted that the movie will open as a new box office champion with an estimated $55 million to $60 million, defeating "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" which will be released on Friday as well.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media