'Brave' New Featurette Explains Why Pixar Makes Movie About Scotland
Getting closer to its U.S. release date, "Brave" unleashes a new promotional featurette. Titled "Pixar Goes to Scotland", the footage highlights the background idea of why the studio decided to make a movie about a Scottish princess. The video shows how the film's crew conducted a longtime research and went on a journey across the country to adapt its beautiful landscape, tradition and culture into the film.
"Brave" follows courageous Merida, a Scottish princess who confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts. Determined to carve her own path in life, she defies an age-old custom sacred to the uproarious lords of the land. Merida's actions inadvertently unleash chaos and fury in the kingdom, and when she turns to an eccentric old Witch for help, she is granted an ill-fated wish.
The movie marks the first Pixar movie with a female character as its lead. "The fact that Princess Merida is the lead here for the first time is really cool and exciting," the animated movie's director Mark Andrews told USA Today. "But Pixar has had great female role models. They are all over the place."
To hit theaters across the United States on Friday, June 22, "Brave" is supported by Kelly Macdonald as Princess Merida, Emma Thompson as Queen Elinor, and Billy Connolly as King Fergus. Some observers have predicted that the movie will open as a new box office champion with an estimated $55 million to $60 million, defeating "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" which will be released on Friday as well.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist