First 'Taken 2' Trailer: Liam Neeson's Family Holiday Becomes Nightmare
Liam Neeson's family holiday in Istanbul turns into a nightmare in the first international trailer for "Taken 2". While he aims to spend some quality time with her daughter and ex-wife, a gang of mobsters kidnap his ex-wife to seek revenge. Neeson must go back in action and let out his inner brutality to save his daughter from being caught by the mafia as well.
In "Taken 2", Liam returns as retired CIA operative Bryan Mills. The actor once said that in the sequel, Bryan is going to be "a bit mellower." He added, "Having gone through the horror of the first film, and because of the success of retrieving his daughter, his notoriety has traveled and these major politicians and sheiks want him to be in their camp. He organizes the security situation. He's still retired from his special-forces group, but he takes private commissions."
Explaining Bryan's relationship with his ex-wife Lenore and daughter Kim in the sequel, Liam told Entertainment Weekly, "I've taken a job over in Istanbul looking after a sheik who is there, and afterward I discover that my wife's going through a very bad time with her new husband."
"So I suggest she and my daughter come over for a few days and hang out with me in this amazing city," the 59-year-old star continued. "And then... [laughs] all this s**t happens, of course." The actor added that the sequel will "take place about a year or a year and a half after the first story."
Olivier Megaton serves as the director with Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen teaming up to provide the script. Also rounding up the cast ensemble are Famke Janssen, Maggie Grace, Rade Serbedzija and Luke Grimes. The movie is scheduled to hit theaters across the U.S. on October 5.
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters