Lily Allen Coming Out of Retirement and Back in the Studio
Lily Allen has spread the good news that she is back on the recording booth. The 27-year-old is coming out of her retirement and break as first time mother to please her music fans.
"You will be pleased to know that i am currently in the f--king studio with [producer] @GregKurstin," Allen tweeted on Wednesday, June 20. But she is not throwing herself out there, adding "No big deal really, im just throwing s**t at the wall and seeing if anything sticks."
Allen announced her hiatus from making music two years ago to take care of her fashion line and focus on her personal life. She married Sam Cooper in 2011 and gave birth to their first child, a daughter named Ethel, in November that year.
The rumor that she's returning to studio has started in April. "Lily wants a more mature sound and is penning tracks about Ethel and Sam," a source told the Daily Star. "Lily has been in the studio trying different sounds and writing new tracks. She's not at a stage where she can start recording but the new album is definitely underway and there's a chance it could be released early next year."
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series
- One Direction Celebrates Six-Year Anniversary, Thanks Fans for Their Support
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media