Lily Allen Coming Out of Retirement and Back in the Studio
Lily Allen has spread the good news that she is back on the recording booth. The 27-year-old is coming out of her retirement and break as first time mother to please her music fans.
"You will be pleased to know that i am currently in the f--king studio with [producer] @GregKurstin," Allen tweeted on Wednesday, June 20. But she is not throwing herself out there, adding "No big deal really, im just throwing s**t at the wall and seeing if anything sticks."
Allen announced her hiatus from making music two years ago to take care of her fashion line and focus on her personal life. She married Sam Cooper in 2011 and gave birth to their first child, a daughter named Ethel, in November that year.
The rumor that she's returning to studio has started in April. "Lily wants a more mature sound and is penning tracks about Ethel and Sam," a source told the Daily Star. "Lily has been in the studio trying different sounds and writing new tracks. She's not at a stage where she can start recording but the new album is definitely underway and there's a chance it could be released early next year."
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'