Taylor Lautner Dishes On Jacob's Relationship With Renesmee in 'Breaking Dawn II'
Taylor Lautner admitted that having to play an adult who is in love with a child in "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" is not as easy as it may seem. The Jacob depicter said that people often tease him about his character's relationship with Bella and Edward's young daughter, Renesmee.
"Everybody likes to tease me about it," Lautner told Entertainment Weekly. "Everyone thinks it's so funny, and I laugh along with them, but it's important for me to keep in my mind that it's as simple as a lifelong bond. It's not really as creepy as everybody likes to joke."
As described in the Stephenie Meyer book, Jacob has "imprinted" on Renesmee in the final chapter of the "Twilight" series. "Imprinting" is the process where members of the werewolf tribe have discovered their soul mates. Lautner said that at first he's a bit confused over the metaphysical mechanics of the plotline, but he has talked to Meyer and dove back into the book to make him feel more comfortable with the notion of being in love with a child.
Still, Lautner's co-star Robert Pattinson always loves to make fun of him for having an on-screen relationship with a child. "Oh, I can't wait till he has to do live TV," the Edward depicter joked. "Did you ask him if his taste in women has changed? The first scene I saw them together, I literally could not stop laughing. I wouldn't have been able to do that."
Lautner responded to it wisely, "I think people will be very happy with the whole imprinting situation."
"Breaking Dawn II" focuses on a perilous chain of events after Bella (Kristen Stewart) gives birth to Renesmee (Mackenzie Foy). Along with her husband Edward and his family, she now must face an all-out battle against the Volturi, which is the fearsome council of vampire leaders. The movie will hit the U.S. cinemas on November 16.
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Keke Palmer Flaunts Nipple Piercings as She Parties in Skintight Dress
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Step Out for Lunch Date After She Dishes on Their First Date on 'Ellen'
- Snoop Dogg Unveils Cover Art of New Album 'Neva Left'
- Serena Williams Pens Touching Love Note to Her Unborn Child