Keira Knightley Cheats on Jude Law in First 'Anna Karenina' Trailer
A very first trailer for "Anna Karenina" has been premiered, offering a look at a very beautiful landscape of 1800s' Russia. Presenting a high-concepted cinematography, the promo video highlights Keira Knightley's titular character who has an affair with another man because of her unhappy marriage with Jude Law's Alexei.
"Anna Karenina" unfolds in its original late-19th-century Russia high-society setting and powerfully explores the capacity for love that surges through the human heart, from the passion between adulterers to the bond between a mother and her children. As Anna questions her happiness, change comes to her family, friends, and community.
Keira recently told HitFix that Anna Karenina is the hardest role she's ever tackled in her career. "It was amazing. It was definitely the hardest thing I've ever done. In a brilliant, brilliant way," she gushed.
"Obviously, [author Leo] Tolstoy was a genius and I think the reason that his books last so well is because they are so complex, and it's really looking at the best of humanity and the worst of humanity, often in one character," she added. "And trying to balance all those things in the one person was really hard. Hopefully it's worked."
An adaptation of Leo Tolstoy's classic novel, "Anna Karenina" is directed by Joe Wright and written by Oscar winner Tom Stoppard. The drama is also supported by Aaron Johnson, Kelly Macdonald, Alicia Vikander, Matthew Macfadyen and Domhnall Gleeson.
Focus Features will release the film in limited theaters in the U.S. on November 9.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism