Usher Rules Billboard 200, 'Rock of Ages' Soundtrack Leaps Onto Top 10
Usher successfully tops Billboard 200 with his seventh studio album "Looking 4 Myself". The follow-up to his 2010 set "Raymond vs. Raymond" has sold 128,000 copies since it was released on June 12, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The number, however, marks his smallest first-week sales for a regular studio album since 1997's "My Way" bowed with 67,000. Previously, the "U Got It Bad" hitmaker had triumphant debuts with "Raymond vs. Raymond", 2004's "Confessions" and 2010's "Here I Stand".
Rush also make a high debut, landing on the runner-up spot with "Clockwork Angels" which has sold 103,000 copies. It's the best sales week for the Canadian rock band in ten years after they bowed at No. 6 with "Vapor Trails" (110,000 copies) in 2002. The group, however, have yet to score a No. 1 debut on the chart.
Other new releases which make it onto the top 10 are Josh Turner's "Punching Bag", Ed Sheeran's "Plus" and Waka Flocka Flame's "Triple F Life: Friends, Fans and Family". The fifth studio album by the country music star sits at No. 4 with 45,000 copies, the first full-length album by the British musician places fifth with 42,000 copies, and the rapper's second album lands on No. 10 with 33,000 copies.
"Rock of Ages" soundtrack, which placed 15 in its first week, makes a big leap by securing the ninth place. Following the movie release on June 15, the album sold another 36,000 copies, increasing 101% from last week.
Meanwhile, Adele's "21" is now at No. 3 with 63,000 copies after returning to the top spot last week. One Direction's "Up All Night" holds on to No. 6 with 39,000 copies, Neil Young's "Americana" slips 4-7 with additional 37,000 copies, while Alan Jackson's "Thirty Miles West" falls 2-8 with just under 37,000 copies.
- "Looking 4 Myself" - Usher (128,000)
- "Clockwork Angels" - Rush (103,000)
- "21" - Adele (63,000)
- "Punching Bag" - Josh Turner (45,000)
- "Plus" - Ed Sheeran's (42,000)
- "Up All Night" - One Direction (32,000)
- "Americana" - Neil Young (37,000)
- "Thirty Miles West" - Alan Jackson (37,000)
- "Rock of Ages" soundtrack - Various Artists (36,000 copies)
- "Triple F Life: Friends, Fans and Family" - Waka Flocka Flame (33,000)
More Usher News
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie