Usher Rules Billboard 200, 'Rock of Ages' Soundtrack Leaps Onto Top 10
Usher successfully tops Billboard 200 with his seventh studio album "Looking 4 Myself". The follow-up to his 2010 set "Raymond vs. Raymond" has sold 128,000 copies since it was released on June 12, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The number, however, marks his smallest first-week sales for a regular studio album since 1997's "My Way" bowed with 67,000. Previously, the "U Got It Bad" hitmaker had triumphant debuts with "Raymond vs. Raymond", 2004's "Confessions" and 2010's "Here I Stand".
Rush also make a high debut, landing on the runner-up spot with "Clockwork Angels" which has sold 103,000 copies. It's the best sales week for the Canadian rock band in ten years after they bowed at No. 6 with "Vapor Trails" (110,000 copies) in 2002. The group, however, have yet to score a No. 1 debut on the chart.
Other new releases which make it onto the top 10 are Josh Turner's "Punching Bag", Ed Sheeran's "Plus" and Waka Flocka Flame's "Triple F Life: Friends, Fans and Family". The fifth studio album by the country music star sits at No. 4 with 45,000 copies, the first full-length album by the British musician places fifth with 42,000 copies, and the rapper's second album lands on No. 10 with 33,000 copies.
"Rock of Ages" soundtrack, which placed 15 in its first week, makes a big leap by securing the ninth place. Following the movie release on June 15, the album sold another 36,000 copies, increasing 101% from last week.
Meanwhile, Adele's "21" is now at No. 3 with 63,000 copies after returning to the top spot last week. One Direction's "Up All Night" holds on to No. 6 with 39,000 copies, Neil Young's "Americana" slips 4-7 with additional 37,000 copies, while Alan Jackson's "Thirty Miles West" falls 2-8 with just under 37,000 copies.
- "Looking 4 Myself" - Usher (128,000)
- "Clockwork Angels" - Rush (103,000)
- "21" - Adele (63,000)
- "Punching Bag" - Josh Turner (45,000)
- "Plus" - Ed Sheeran's (42,000)
- "Up All Night" - One Direction (32,000)
- "Americana" - Neil Young (37,000)
- "Thirty Miles West" - Alan Jackson (37,000)
- "Rock of Ages" soundtrack - Various Artists (36,000 copies)
- "Triple F Life: Friends, Fans and Family" - Waka Flocka Flame (33,000)
More Usher News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences