'Halloween' Actor Richard Lynch Found Dead at His Home
Richard Lynch, a movie veteran who's famous for employing his scarred face to play villainous characters in horror and science-fiction movies, has passed away at the age of 76. He was found dead Tuesday, June 19 at his home by one of his friends, actress Carol Vogel.
Lynch's rep, Mike Baronas, revealed that Vogel stopped by the actor's house in Palm Springs, California after not hearing from him in days. She found the door open and the actor, who once served in United States Marine Corps, lying on the kitchen floor "cold and lifeless."
Throughout his career spanning four decades, Lynch appeared in a bunch of films and TV shows playing the bad guys such as Principal Chambers in Rob Zombie's 2007 "Halloween" movie remake and Wolfe in 1978's TV series "Battlestar Galactica".
He also took part in documentary film "LSD: The Trip to Where?" where he openly revealed that he got his face scarred permanently in 1967 after he set himself on fire while on an LSD trip. In his last movie, he reunited with Zombie for "The Lords of Salem" which is due later this year.
Zombie was quick to express his condolence after hearing Lynch's passing. On his Facebook, the director stated, "I woke up this morning to the news that our friend RICHARD LYNCH has passed away. Richard was great to work with and really gave it his all."
He continued, "I will never forget the way he scared the crap out of the kid actors in HALLOWEEN. As soon as I said action! He dove in his role of Principle Chambers at top volume. He will be missed."
Lynch married twice. He once tied the knot with Beatrix Lynch and had a son together, Christopher, who died in 2005 from pneumonia. He is survived by his second wife Lily Lynch and his brother, "Star Trek" actor Barry Lynch.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates