Jim Carrey Quits 'Dumb and Dumberer' Sequel
Jim Carrey is not going to do the "Dumb and Dumberer" sequel because the studio is not as excited about the project as he is. His participation was confirmed back in March this year, but with his exit, the movie's future becomes uncertain.
"I would have thought Dumb And Dumber To was a no-brainer, after all it's implied in the title," Carrey told ET through his publicist. Sources said the actor thought New Line and Warner Brothers showed lack of interest in developing the sequel. It could be the result of Farrelly Brothers' "The Three Stooges" which settled on a disappointing $43 million income worldwide.
Nevertheless, Carrey's new film "Burt Wonderstone" is being produced by New Line and Warner Bros. It's possible that the studios will reel Carrey back to the project should "Wonderstone" do well in the box office.
"Dumb and Dumberer To" was originally planned to shoot in autumn. "We're getting set to shoot 'Dumb and Dumber 2' in September," director Peter Farrelly announced in March, adding "It's the first sequel we've ever done and we've got Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?