Jim Carrey Quits 'Dumb and Dumberer' Sequel
Jim Carrey is not going to do the "Dumb and Dumberer" sequel because the studio is not as excited about the project as he is. His participation was confirmed back in March this year, but with his exit, the movie's future becomes uncertain.
"I would have thought Dumb And Dumber To was a no-brainer, after all it's implied in the title," Carrey told ET through his publicist. Sources said the actor thought New Line and Warner Brothers showed lack of interest in developing the sequel. It could be the result of Farrelly Brothers' "The Three Stooges" which settled on a disappointing $43 million income worldwide.
Nevertheless, Carrey's new film "Burt Wonderstone" is being produced by New Line and Warner Bros. It's possible that the studios will reel Carrey back to the project should "Wonderstone" do well in the box office.
"Dumb and Dumberer To" was originally planned to shoot in autumn. "We're getting set to shoot 'Dumb and Dumber 2' in September," director Peter Farrelly announced in March, adding "It's the first sequel we've ever done and we've got Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers