Jim Carrey Quits 'Dumb and Dumberer' Sequel
Jim Carrey is not going to do the "Dumb and Dumberer" sequel because the studio is not as excited about the project as he is. His participation was confirmed back in March this year, but with his exit, the movie's future becomes uncertain.
"I would have thought Dumb And Dumber To was a no-brainer, after all it's implied in the title," Carrey told ET through his publicist. Sources said the actor thought New Line and Warner Brothers showed lack of interest in developing the sequel. It could be the result of Farrelly Brothers' "The Three Stooges" which settled on a disappointing $43 million income worldwide.
Nevertheless, Carrey's new film "Burt Wonderstone" is being produced by New Line and Warner Bros. It's possible that the studios will reel Carrey back to the project should "Wonderstone" do well in the box office.
"Dumb and Dumberer To" was originally planned to shoot in autumn. "We're getting set to shoot 'Dumb and Dumber 2' in September," director Peter Farrelly announced in March, adding "It's the first sequel we've ever done and we've got Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'