Jim Carrey Quits 'Dumb and Dumberer' Sequel
Jim Carrey is not going to do the "Dumb and Dumberer" sequel because the studio is not as excited about the project as he is. His participation was confirmed back in March this year, but with his exit, the movie's future becomes uncertain.
"I would have thought Dumb And Dumber To was a no-brainer, after all it's implied in the title," Carrey told ET through his publicist. Sources said the actor thought New Line and Warner Brothers showed lack of interest in developing the sequel. It could be the result of Farrelly Brothers' "The Three Stooges" which settled on a disappointing $43 million income worldwide.
Nevertheless, Carrey's new film "Burt Wonderstone" is being produced by New Line and Warner Bros. It's possible that the studios will reel Carrey back to the project should "Wonderstone" do well in the box office.
"Dumb and Dumberer To" was originally planned to shoot in autumn. "We're getting set to shoot 'Dumb and Dumber 2' in September," director Peter Farrelly announced in March, adding "It's the first sequel we've ever done and we've got Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back."
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?
- Report: Taylor Swift Is Pursuing Prince Harry After Tom Hiddleston Split
- Margot Robbie in 'Saturday Night Live' Promo: I'm a Felon
- Watch James Corden and Backstreet Boys' Synchronized Dance for 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)'
- Gal Gadot Flaunts Sexy Body in Skimpy Lingerie in 'Keeping Up with the Joneses' Clip
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge