Jim Carrey Quits 'Dumb and Dumberer' Sequel
Jim Carrey is not going to do the "Dumb and Dumberer" sequel because the studio is not as excited about the project as he is. His participation was confirmed back in March this year, but with his exit, the movie's future becomes uncertain.
"I would have thought Dumb And Dumber To was a no-brainer, after all it's implied in the title," Carrey told ET through his publicist. Sources said the actor thought New Line and Warner Brothers showed lack of interest in developing the sequel. It could be the result of Farrelly Brothers' "The Three Stooges" which settled on a disappointing $43 million income worldwide.
Nevertheless, Carrey's new film "Burt Wonderstone" is being produced by New Line and Warner Bros. It's possible that the studios will reel Carrey back to the project should "Wonderstone" do well in the box office.
"Dumb and Dumberer To" was originally planned to shoot in autumn. "We're getting set to shoot 'Dumb and Dumber 2' in September," director Peter Farrelly announced in March, adding "It's the first sequel we've ever done and we've got Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival