Adele's Song Wakes Up Comatose Girl as Family Prepare to Say Goodbye
Adele's music has helped create a miracle for a comatose girl. Charlotte Neve, a seven-year-old girl who was fighting for her life following a brain hemorrhage, woke up from a week-long coma after listening to her mother singing the Grammy Award winner's hit "Rolling in the Deep".
Doctors had told Charlotte to prepare to say a final goodbye when her mother, Leila, "climbed into her hospital bed to give her a cuddle." The mother recalled, "She was wired up to machines and unresponsive - and Adele came on the radio."
Leila then started singing the song, which she and Charlotte used to sing together, to her daughter and the little girl began smiling. The astonished doctors and nurses told her to keep singing, and Charlotte gave her another smile.
"Charlotte started smiling and I couldn't believe it. It was the first time she had reacted to anything since the hemorrhage," Leila went on sharing. "The nurses said it was like I 'unlocked her' and from that day she started getting better and better."
Two days later, Charlotte began speaking and getting up from her bed. She started learning how to walk and talk within two months, and is now back to school and attends her dance class again although she still suffers from partial blindness and memory loss.
Charlotte suffered the hemorrhage in her sleep on April 13. She was rushed to Leeds hospital and doctors found a 12mm aneurysm on the main artery in the back of her brain. She then underwent two operations, but doctors didn't think she would survive after she suffered a series of strokes.
More Adele News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce