Adele's Song Wakes Up Comatose Girl as Family Prepare to Say Goodbye
Adele's music has helped create a miracle for a comatose girl. Charlotte Neve, a seven-year-old girl who was fighting for her life following a brain hemorrhage, woke up from a week-long coma after listening to her mother singing the Grammy Award winner's hit "Rolling in the Deep".
Doctors had told Charlotte to prepare to say a final goodbye when her mother, Leila, "climbed into her hospital bed to give her a cuddle." The mother recalled, "She was wired up to machines and unresponsive - and Adele came on the radio."
Leila then started singing the song, which she and Charlotte used to sing together, to her daughter and the little girl began smiling. The astonished doctors and nurses told her to keep singing, and Charlotte gave her another smile.
"Charlotte started smiling and I couldn't believe it. It was the first time she had reacted to anything since the hemorrhage," Leila went on sharing. "The nurses said it was like I 'unlocked her' and from that day she started getting better and better."
Two days later, Charlotte began speaking and getting up from her bed. She started learning how to walk and talk within two months, and is now back to school and attends her dance class again although she still suffers from partial blindness and memory loss.
Charlotte suffered the hemorrhage in her sleep on April 13. She was rushed to Leeds hospital and doctors found a 12mm aneurysm on the main artery in the back of her brain. She then underwent two operations, but doctors didn't think she would survive after she suffered a series of strokes.
More Adele News
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'