Kevin Costner Sued by Neighbor for Blocking Beach View
Breathing a sigh of relief after escaping from a potential multi-million dollar legal battle, Kevin Costner is now hit with another lawsuit. This time around, the "Mr. Brooks" lead actor is sued by Rick Grimm, his neighbor in Carpinteria, CA, for blocking the man's beach view.
In the legal documents, Grimm said he bought a beach property which was coincidentally located behind Costner's house. However, he couldn't enjoy the beautiful scenery because the 57-year-old actor allegedly blocked the view by planting a number of trees around his pad.
Costner was paranoid about his privacy, so Grimm stated. The neighbor reportedly has asked the "Hatfields & McCoys" star to trim his trees, but the requests were ignored. The actor refused to "back down" and would "do everything in his power to secure his privacy," it's claimed.
Grimm is asking a judge to force the husband of Christine Baumgartner to chop down his trees. He's also seeking at least $150,000 in damages for loss of enjoyment due to the excessive hedges, and wants $500k in compensation for damage to his property values.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics