Kevin Costner Sued by Neighbor for Blocking Beach View
Breathing a sigh of relief after escaping from a potential multi-million dollar legal battle, Kevin Costner is now hit with another lawsuit. This time around, the "Mr. Brooks" lead actor is sued by Rick Grimm, his neighbor in Carpinteria, CA, for blocking the man's beach view.
In the legal documents, Grimm said he bought a beach property which was coincidentally located behind Costner's house. However, he couldn't enjoy the beautiful scenery because the 57-year-old actor allegedly blocked the view by planting a number of trees around his pad.
Costner was paranoid about his privacy, so Grimm stated. The neighbor reportedly has asked the "Hatfields & McCoys" star to trim his trees, but the requests were ignored. The actor refused to "back down" and would "do everything in his power to secure his privacy," it's claimed.
Grimm is asking a judge to force the husband of Christine Baumgartner to chop down his trees. He's also seeking at least $150,000 in damages for loss of enjoyment due to the excessive hedges, and wants $500k in compensation for damage to his property values.
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'