Kevin Costner Sued by Neighbor for Blocking Beach View
Breathing a sigh of relief after escaping from a potential multi-million dollar legal battle, Kevin Costner is now hit with another lawsuit. This time around, the "Mr. Brooks" lead actor is sued by Rick Grimm, his neighbor in Carpinteria, CA, for blocking the man's beach view.
In the legal documents, Grimm said he bought a beach property which was coincidentally located behind Costner's house. However, he couldn't enjoy the beautiful scenery because the 57-year-old actor allegedly blocked the view by planting a number of trees around his pad.
Costner was paranoid about his privacy, so Grimm stated. The neighbor reportedly has asked the "Hatfields & McCoys" star to trim his trees, but the requests were ignored. The actor refused to "back down" and would "do everything in his power to secure his privacy," it's claimed.
Grimm is asking a judge to force the husband of Christine Baumgartner to chop down his trees. He's also seeking at least $150,000 in damages for loss of enjoyment due to the excessive hedges, and wants $500k in compensation for damage to his property values.
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings