Kevin Costner Sued by Neighbor for Blocking Beach View
Breathing a sigh of relief after escaping from a potential multi-million dollar legal battle, Kevin Costner is now hit with another lawsuit. This time around, the "Mr. Brooks" lead actor is sued by Rick Grimm, his neighbor in Carpinteria, CA, for blocking the man's beach view.
In the legal documents, Grimm said he bought a beach property which was coincidentally located behind Costner's house. However, he couldn't enjoy the beautiful scenery because the 57-year-old actor allegedly blocked the view by planting a number of trees around his pad.
Costner was paranoid about his privacy, so Grimm stated. The neighbor reportedly has asked the "Hatfields & McCoys" star to trim his trees, but the requests were ignored. The actor refused to "back down" and would "do everything in his power to secure his privacy," it's claimed.
Grimm is asking a judge to force the husband of Christine Baumgartner to chop down his trees. He's also seeking at least $150,000 in damages for loss of enjoyment due to the excessive hedges, and wants $500k in compensation for damage to his property values.
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'