Kyle Massey Sues Bristol Palin's New Reality Show, Claims His Idea Was Stolen
Bristol Palin's new reality series "Bristol Palin: Life's a Tripp" has been slapped with a lawsuit. Kyle Massey, his brother Christopher and mother Angela have sued Associated Television International (ATI), the company that produces the show, and its head David McKenzie, for being cut out after coming up with the original idea for the show.
In the 31-page lawsuit which was filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday, June 19, the Masseys claim they helped McKenzie and his company produce a series for Bio Channel, but then "McKenzie and his team cut out the Masseys and fraudulently re-packaged the show solely as Bristol Palin: Life's a Tripp, even though the concept is the same idea originally created and produced by the Masseys."
"It is unfortunate that after months of trying to resolve this matter the professional way, we were left with no other course of action than to take legal action to protect ourselves," Angela said in a statement. She added, "We created the show, registered the show and did all the leg work to bring this idea to TV and to the defendants, who stole our concept."
The Masseys accuse ATI of copyright infringement, breach of contract and unfair competition, and seek a permanent injunction and monetary damages. Bristol herself is not named in the lawsuit.
Bristol, her former "Dancing With the Stars" co-star Kyle and his brother Chris were supposed to appear together on "Helping Hands" which was developed for Bio. The show would focus on them living in Los Angeles. However, the show never went on air on the channel. After it's readjusted for Lifetime, Bristol decided to move back to Alaska.
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner