Kristen Stewart Eclipses Charlize Theron on Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Actresses
Kristen Stewart is officially the highest-paid actress, according to Forbes. The site has revealed its annual list of highest-paid actresses on Tuesday, June 19, revealing that the "Twilight Saga" actress tops the chart by earning an estimated $34.5 million from her movies from May 2011 to May 2012.
"She [Stewart] is an up-and-coming star," says Forbes L.A. bureau chief Dorothy Pomerantz. "She is earning a lot of money from one of the most successful franchises of all time. This is who you would expect to see right now. This year you are seeing somebody young and at the brink of potentially great stardom sitting on the top of the list."
The "On the Road" star beats a number of A-list actresses who are more senior than her including her "Snow White and the Huntsman" co-star Charlize Theron. The "Prometheus" actress places fifth with approximately $18 million.
Trailing close behind 22-year-old Stewart is Cameron Diaz with an estimated $34 million, while Sandra Bullock lands on the third place with around $25 million. On the other hand, Angelina Jolie, who topped the list last year along with Sarah Jessica Parker, slips to the fourth place with an estimated earnings of $20 million.
Parker herself disappointingly drops to the seventh place with an estimated $15 million salary. "She is almost earning more from her perfume and endorsement deals right now than from entertainment. That is true of a lot of women. They have these outside deals that are very lucrative. Angelina Jolie earns a lot from residuals, as does Sarah Jessica Parker," says Pomerantz.
Also included in the top 10 list are the likes of Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, Kristen Wiig and Jennifer Aniston. According to Forbes, "The 10 women who make up our list earned a total $200 million compared to the $361 million brought in by our top 10 men."
"It is nowhere near what men are making," Pomerantz explains. "I think it will be a while until women see salary parity, if it ever happens. Women are paid less in every industry, not just in Hollywood."
Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Actresses:
- Kristen Stewart - $34.5 million
- Cameron Diaz - $34 million
- Sandra Bullock - $25 million
- Angelina Jolie - $20 million
- Charlize Theron - $18 million
- Julia Roberts - $16 million
- Sarah Jessica Parker - $15 million
- Meryl Streep - $12 million
- Kristen Wiig - $12 million
- Jennifer Aniston - $11 million
More Kristen Stewart News
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher