First Look at Horned Angelina Jolie in Disney's 'Maleficent'
Walt Disney Pictures has uncovered how Angelina Jolie will look like as the titular character in "Maleficent". In a newly released official picture of the film, the longtime partner of Brad Pitt is featured sporting a full Maleficent makeup complete with the fictional figure's iconic horns. She is also pictured donning bright green and yellow contact lenses.
Disney describes the upcoming movie "the untold story of Disney's most beloved villain, Maleficent, from the 1959 classic 'Sleeping Beauty'." The movie is said to reveal "the events that hardened her heart and drove her to curse the baby, Aurora."
Jolie once explained her role in the movie. "It's not anti-princess, but it's the first time they're looking at this epic woman," she told Entertainment Weekly. "I hope in the end you see a woman who is capable of being many things, and just because she protects herself and is aggressive, it doesn't mean she can't have other [warmer] qualities. You have to figure out the puzzle of what she is."
The "Salt" actress elaborated further on the supposedly antagonist character as saying, "It sounds really crazy to say that there will be something that's good for young girls in this, because it sounds like you're saying they should be a villain." She added, "[Maleficent] is actually a good person. But she's not perfect. She's far from perfect."
Directed by Robert Stromberg, "Maleficent" is due to open wide in the U.S. on March 14, 2014. Elle Fanning, India Eisley, Sharlto Copley, Sam Riley and Juno Temple are joining Jolie in the cast ensemble.
More Maleficent News
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash