Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis Split After 14 Years Together
It's official, Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis called it quits after nearly 14 years together. "Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis have amicably separated. Please respect their privacy and, more importantly, the privacy of their children," his rep said in a statement.
According to PEOPLE, the separation announcement purposefully coincided with Paradis' trip to France to promote her new movie "Je Me Suis Fait Tout Petit" at the Cabourg Festival of Romantic Cinema. "It was all decided before she got on that plane," a source said.
Depp and Paradis have two children together; Lily-Rose, 13, and Jack, 9, but the couple never married. "I'm more married than anybody can be - we have two kids. Maybe one day, but it's something I can really do without," she once said.
Rumor that the couple went their separate ways has been swirling since last year when they were never seen at a public event together, but they vehemently denied it. "The rumor is false. Of course it is false," she said. He, meanwhile, claimed in a separate event, "No matter what I say about this, people believe the opposite. I can't say enough about it not being over."
The vampire Barnabas of "Dark Shadows" and the "Joe Le Taxi" singer have been living separately for months. Before deciding to split, the 49-year-old actor and the 39-year-old actress reportedly "tried for months to save the relationship," but "have known for weeks that it couldn't be saved."
More Johnny Depp News
- Daniel Craig Confirmed to Return for Bond 25, Release Date Announced
- David Beckham Calls Wife Victoria a 'Knob' After She Posts an Embarrassing Video of Him
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet Auction Off a Private Dinner With Them for Charity
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Fantasy Suite Dates Cast More Doubt on Rachel's Future With a Frontrunner
- Kendall Jenner Completely Naked and Holding a Cigarette in New Instagram Pic
- Blac Chyna Spotted Holding Hands With New Man Mechie in Miami
- Drake Debuts New Song While Jogging Amid 'Take Care 2' Speculations
- Macaulay Culkin and Brenda Song Enjoy Dinner in L.A. - Are They Together?