Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis Split After 14 Years Together
It's official, Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis called it quits after nearly 14 years together. "Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis have amicably separated. Please respect their privacy and, more importantly, the privacy of their children," his rep said in a statement.
According to PEOPLE, the separation announcement purposefully coincided with Paradis' trip to France to promote her new movie "Je Me Suis Fait Tout Petit" at the Cabourg Festival of Romantic Cinema. "It was all decided before she got on that plane," a source said.
Depp and Paradis have two children together; Lily-Rose, 13, and Jack, 9, but the couple never married. "I'm more married than anybody can be - we have two kids. Maybe one day, but it's something I can really do without," she once said.
Rumor that the couple went their separate ways has been swirling since last year when they were never seen at a public event together, but they vehemently denied it. "The rumor is false. Of course it is false," she said. He, meanwhile, claimed in a separate event, "No matter what I say about this, people believe the opposite. I can't say enough about it not being over."
The vampire Barnabas of "Dark Shadows" and the "Joe Le Taxi" singer have been living separately for months. Before deciding to split, the 49-year-old actor and the 39-year-old actress reportedly "tried for months to save the relationship," but "have known for weeks that it couldn't be saved."
More Johnny Depp News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says