'The Dark Knight Rises' Opening-Night Tickets Scalped for $150
Batman fanboys will have to spend more money if they want to watch the midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises". The highly-anticipated film's advanced tickets have been promptly sold out after they officially went on sale June 11. However, it is now said that the tickets are back for purchase but only if moviegoers would pay an estimated $150, which inflated 80% from the original price.
A quick search on eBay proves that the opening-night tickets for the Batman movie are available again for over $100 in major markets. According to Entertainment Weekly, a scalper sells the tickets for the screening at the Lincoln Square Theater in New York for $114 each, while another one sells the tickets for the Arclight in Los Angeles for $150 which is worth one gallon of gasoline. In London, meanwhile, the midnight screening tickets are sold for 300 pounds.
Responding to the phenomenon, a representative from Fandango told MTV News that the company's standing policy is that "any ticket re-sold is declared invalid." Though the policy would be difficult to enforce, it should be considered by ticketbuyers before they obtain the ticket from a scalper.
To open wide in the United States on July 20, "The Dark Knight Rises" will take place eight years after the Harvey Dent case in "The Dark Knight". Terrorist leader Bane arrives in Gotham City, pushing it and its police force to their limits, as well as forcing Batman to resurface after taking the fall for Dent's crimes.
Building the anticipation to the release of the final Caped Crusader flick from Christopher Nolan, Warner Bros. Pictures releases a new TV spot for the film. Without presenting any narration, the spot is studded with tons of intense fight scenes between the Gotham vigilante and his archenemy Bane.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy