Mike Tyson Teams Up With Spike Lee for Broadway Show
It has been confirmed that Mike Tyson is heading to Broadway. The former heavyweight world champion is set to team up with filmmaker Spike Lee to adapt his one-man show, "Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth", for a limited run at the Longacre Theater.
The play, which will also mark Lee's Broadway debut, is scheduled to run from July 31 to August 5. "It is an honor to work with Spike Lee," so Tyson said when announcing the project on Monday, June 18. "I have always admired his work."
"Sharing the highlights and lowlights of my life with New York is especially important to me as I was born and raised in Brooklyn," he added. Lee, who is also a New Yorker, chimed in, "It's my honor to be making our Broadway debut together. Brooklyn to Broadway."
"Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth" was premiered at MGM Grand in Las Vegas last spring. The play presents a "personal look into the life and mind" of the legendary heavyweight boxer. It follows his highs and lows, including his struggles with drug addiction and his mother's alcoholism. It is also said to include his infamous rape case. The original script was written by Randy Johnson and Tyson's wife Kiki.
Tyson has appeared in comedy films "The Hangover" and "The Hangover Part II". Lee, on the other hand, has recently directed "Red Hook Summer" and is currently working on "Oldboy" remake.
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018