Shia LaBeouf Goes Completely Nude for Sigur Ros' Music Video
Shia LaBeouf was totally naked as the video model of Icelandic band Sigur Ros' "Fjogur Piano". The "Transformers" actor portrays the male in a video that tells the story of "a couple caught up in a destructive spiral, possibly revolving around drug addiction, lovesick co-dependence or both."
According to Wall Street Journal, Sigur Ros asked a dozen of filmmakers to make a creative music video inspired by one of the songs in their new album "Valtari". They were each given $10,000 budget and no instructions. Tel Aviv filmmaker Alma Har'el won the challenge with her seven-minute video.
Together with actress Denna Thomsen, LaBeouf repeats the same dance move in two different situations. "The things you can't say in words are best said in dance," said Har'el. Ryan Heffington choreographed the moves and played one of the other two men in the video.
Har'el's encounter with LaBeouf happened after he emailed her after watching her documentary film "Bombay Beach" that won at last year's Tribeca Film Festival. They met for a dinner where she mentioned about the Sigur Ros video and he volunteered.
Speaking more in depth about the video, Har'el said it is about "addiction to drugs, or sex, or anything -and how you get stuck in a cycle." She inserts symbolism in butterflies, candy and fish throughout the video. "For me, it's about not knowing how to get out of something without causing pain to somebody else," the director explained.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs