Charlie Sheen to Quit Acting After 'Anger Management' Ends
Charlie Sheen reveals his plan to quit acting after "Anger Management" is done. The former "Two and a Half Men" said that his new project is his "swan song", adding that he would resort to real life involving family.
"When I'm done with this business it's just going to be about soccer games and amusement parks," the 46-year-old told New York Times. "And when [Anger Management] ends, I'm done. This is my swan song." Sheen is the father of a 27-year-old daughter, two young daughters and 2-year-old twin boys from three previous relationships.
"I've been doing this 30 years. And there's a lot more out there to do than make-believe, you know?" he continued. "I mean, I'm grateful. I've got a dream life as a direct result of television, you know? But at some point you just get tired of wearing somebody else's clothes, saying somebody else's words and working in somebody else's space. I'm also aware of the fact that you don't get these kinds of shots in the same lifetime. You're only supposed to have one hit show, unless you're Kelsey Grammer."
Sheen was fired from "Two and a Half Men" in 2010 due to erratic behavior but this new show gives him more liberation. "They shouldn't have hired me. They knew what they were getting," he said about the new show. "And they know it's not always going to be smooth sailing."
"Anger Management" premieres next Thursday, June 21 on FX.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic