HBO's 'Girls' May Return in January 2013
"Girls" fans may not have to wait a whole year for the second season of the Lena Dunham-created show. According to Judd Apatow who serves as a co-executive producer, the comedy series may return for its new chapter in early 2013.
"yes. Looking like January," so the director/writer tweeted in reply to a question about whether or not "Girls" will return for a season 2. The critically-acclaimed series was previously launched on HBO on April 14.
The cable channel ordered the second season of the dark comedy in late April, after it grossed 3.8 million total weekly viewers. The first season wrapped this Sunday, June 17, with a huge shocker as Jessa impulsively married Thomas John, the man whom she and Marnie met in episode 8.
Shoshanna lost her virginity to Ray after saying "everyone's a dumb w***e," while Marnie moved out of the apartment she shared with Hannah.
More Girls News
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles