Report: Drake Could Be Arrested Over Bar Brawl
Despite Drake's denial that he was involved in the bar brawl on early Thursday, June 14, Chris Brown's lawyer Mark Geragos insisted that proofs have been found that Drake was at fault. As a result, Drake could be charged with reckless endangerment.
"I have turned over evidence that it was Drake who instigated this. The evidence makes it clear that Chris is the victim in all of this," Geragos, told the NY Post. "I believe the police are building a case against Drake and his thugs. Clearly, Drake was the instigator, and there is evidence he threw glassware."
Five people were injured during the scuffle that took place at W.I.P. nightclub in SoHo including basketball star Tony Parker. It was alleged that Drake and Brown were arguing over the latter's ex-girlfriend Rihanna before Drake hurled a bottle that hit Brown's chin. A witness said he heard gunshots inside the club but no weapon was found.
Drake himself claimed that he was nearly out of the club when the altercation happened. His representative said on Thursday, "Drake did not participate in any wrongdoing of any kind last night at W.I.P. He was on his way out of the club when the altercation began. [Drake] did not engage in any activity which resulted in injury to person or damage to property."
Nevertheless, Drake reportedly could be arrested during his performance at Jones Beach Theater on Saturday, June 16 night if he doesn't agree to surrender early next week.
Update: TMZ confirmed to a law enforcement source that the cops have "no suspects, complaints or arrest warrants at this time."
More Drake News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie